Allatoona pb gizzard shad(pic)

Jonboater

Caught this gizzard shad the other week,best one I ever caught in a cast net on the lake. Take a grown fish to choke that one down I bet lol. Threw it back lol.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
That's a whopper.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Most excellent cut bait for catfish or stripers.

blakely

I used to catch them like that in the Flint while netting suckers. A net full of those things can make a mess of a boat.

Doog

MEGA striper bait

I've seen small spots caught on a pig like that freelined with stinger--no chance of swallowing it...when they get frenzied in the school I dont think it matters. They're like sharks. Probably start attacking each other.

GreenPig

I've seen small spots caught on a pig like that freelined with stinger--no chance of swallowing it...when they get frenzied in the school I dont think it matters. They're like sharks. Probably start attacking each other.[/QUOTE
They'll all try eating outside their weight class.
20200603_112348.jpg

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Depending on how abundant they are in a body of water. Its good to throw those magnums back. They don't reach peak breeding potential until there 4 years old.

There not easy to catch on my end of Hartwell. Met a guy one time who was throwing a big net. He said all I do is trophy striper fish. I only want them 8" or larger. Then he starts complaining about how. You used to could pull up in this creek, and catch all the big ones you want. Im thinking you've cleaned out all the breeders is what has happened to them, moron.