Alright, I want to hear about everybody’s go to for buck lures…

Stroker

PS..

Found a good deal on Code Red Estrous so I'm trying that. It's made by Code Blue but I don't know the difference except the label is red.

We will see I recon.

Also a little vanilla extract and distilled water in a spray bottle covers up pretty good too.
View attachment 1261590
The red is a mixture from several does, the blue is from one single doe.

Big7

The Oracle
The red is a mixture from several does, the blue is from one single doe.
Is that good or bad? Or does it even matter?

First time I've ever seen Code Red and I figured since it was the same company as Code Blue, it should work. + it was pretty reasonable compared to some of the others. I got those 3 for about what 1 of my usual Wildlife Research Golden costs. It's 20 something now. Last I got it was 9 and I thought that was to much for pee.

I have used that Code Blue Tarsnal gel for a ling time and I'm confident in that company. We will see I recon.

leroy

if anyone is old enough to have used the tinks 69 when it first came out...remember how you could not take the top off the bottle in the truck cause it stunk so bad...thats the way this stuff is..
Probably 40+ years ago we were in a club and my dad had some lure may have been tinks not sure, some guys wanted to borrow some so he told them it didnt take much i reckon they went out and bathed in it or put it on like deodorant as you said because they came back into the camphouse gagging like crazy lol.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
i woudnt either if i had to spend 80 to try it.. amazon has one bottle for 23.28 with prime free shipping if i was just wanting to try... but i give one to my nephew for his birthday and one to a friend for their birthday and i can use the rest up...so i do spend about 80 dollars for what i order.. i actually got to try it for free and after that deer followed me to the tree i started using it and have every year since.. i always get different bucks on camera once i start using it but who knows...maybe they would show up anyway...and a local hardware store in douglas ga sells it i just found it cheaper to order direct if you need several... i got several buddies that buy it now cause i loaned them mine to use and they had same thing happen to them... but i was just answering question asked and certainly not trying to push it on anyone or talk anyone into trying something. i did say in original post it was expensive...
Are you from Douglas ? I’m from Coffee co also , Flat tub

RedFoxx

Are you from Douglas ? I’m from Coffee co also , Flat tub
no..i am from irwin but my son lives in coffee and i used to have a place to hunt in coffee.. cant remember the name of the hardware store that sold it but i can ask my son if you interested...but on their website its only 12.95 but 11.99 shipping...so if you get a couple hunting buddies to split the shipping then its only about 17 for a jar..and it lasts pretty good being a gel it doesnt take much of it..

slow motion

Seems the yellow river wildlife place used to sell some buck lure. Not sure if they still do or not. Several people I knew back then swore by it.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
You just had to go there after I bought the Conquest combo with Herd scent and VS1 natural. I don’t want synthetic stinks so I paid more for the natural stuff. Im gonna try to hold off, but lemme know how it works!
Yeah the synthetic is no good. You got the right stuff

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
no..i am from irwin but my son lives in coffee and i used to have a place to hunt in coffee.. cant remember the name of the hardware store that sold it but i can ask my son if you interested...but on their website its only 12.95 but 11.99 shipping...so if you get a couple hunting buddies to split the shipping then its only about 17 for a jar..and it lasts pretty good being a gel it doesnt take much of it..
No just curious , I don’t live there anymore . Only visit family a couple times a year . I already ordered, thanks !

Hunter922

Maybe, maybe not. I think we overthink all this at times, the deer hunting companies love us for it.
Gonna' guarantee you a 4.5 year old buck or older pays way to much attention to the wind...

HIGH COUNTRY

I used to have a lot of luck with scents, esp when sw ga had low doe populations and not the hunting pressure.

Ditto with grunts and can calls, thought i stil lhave some success - esp the can call.

I tend to make mock scrapes and to freshen up already made scrapes, good for cam pics to inventory and sometimes I may hunt near but I dont put scent right where I am but in the scrape.

I had really good luck last year with does and bucks of all sizes including big ones coming to scrape fix, I used the powder, the ignite, and the chill ax you put on the licking branch. Will def be using that again. I see not need to buy the fake "vine" but it probably would work over time in right place...

basshappy

BANNED
Hard to beat the fresh urine and musk in the bladder and glands of a freshly harvested deer. Those are fresh and from the same area, and likely in the herd you're hunting, so other herd members come to check out the deer dropping that scent.