Alright, I want to hear about everybody’s go to for buck lures…

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I haven’t got this red stick yet, but I’m sure I’ll get some this year. I just got a new stick of he herd scent and I typically put some on my shoes…..I also rub some on my ebike tires too!
And while I’m hanging up in a tree, I’ll usually grab some leaves, rub a little bit on there and drop them. It may not help my hunt, but again, it’s FUN! I do know for a fact they will come to it(evercalm), cause that’s how I get trail cam photos.…..and it smells like a deer no doubt!
Carry a cheap slingshot. Cotton balls and a few rocks. Put it on cotton shoot it from tree a bit. Also carry rocks and drop them on the ground every now and then line falling acorns. Let them hit a tree limb on the way down.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Just be on the look out for the guys who post a pic of their deer with their “sponsor’s” products all around the deer and take ur pick.
I'd like to thank my brother Darrell and my other brother Darrell

Glynr

I have had more than one buck come straight and put their nose on code blue. The key is don't put it where they come in where they can smell you too. Want happen unless it is a small deer that has no clue.

frankwright

I'm surprised nobody is using Paula and Boyd's. There was a place I worked at as a teenager where I remember them coming by and dropping it off. We sold a lot. Seemed like it worked as good as anything else. I'm also surprised it is still for sale online. That was a long time ago.

Folks I used to hunt with years ago always joked about wanting me to bottle my special version. I would drink coffee and OJ all morning and then let if fly from the stand and shoot a bigun that would come running in. This would be after a evening campfire conversation about this same topic where I would tell them what I was going to do in the morning.
I have always called that Frank's fresh, never bottled, miracle deer lure"

Big7

The Oracle
Just now seeing this but I like the
Wildlife Research Golden Estrous for a lure and Code Blue Tarsal Gland Gel for a cover.

Estrous on a store bought key or cotton make- up pad and Tarsal gel brushed in the spot forward of the heel of your boot so it won't all come off walking.

Also- that #307 is a good curiosity scent.

Those little make- up application pads are a good little trick. They are unscented and they will rot because they are natural 100% cotton so you can place them about and not worry like you do with the synthetic keys. They take years to rot.
Big sleeve of them are only a couple of dollars.

Big7

The Oracle
PS..

Found a good deal on Code Red Estrous so I'm trying that. It's made by Code Blue but I don't know the difference except the label is red.

We will see I recon.

Also a little vanilla extract and distilled water in a spray bottle covers up pretty good too.
20231014_134040.jpg

leroy

under your arms like deodorant. Your body heat warms it up and spreads the scent better.
Probably 40+ years ago we were in a club and my dad had some lure may have been tinks not sure, some guys wanted to borrow some so he told them it didnt take much i reckon they went out and bathed in it or put it on like deodorant as you said because they came back into the camphouse gagging like crazy lol.

Big7

The Oracle
Ive killed some nice bucks that seemed to come into a grunt tube but i dont think ive ever had a deer come to a can call, ever.
I have but I didn't post that because I thought we were talking about chemicals, not sounds but sounds definitely are "lures" so it's all good.

Now I got to make sure I got a can. And don't get one wet. That stuff inside is some kind of clay(ish) material. If it gets wet, it's toast.

Big7

The Oracle
And I get a pack of wood clothes pins and put them out in the weather for a while and hang the little make- up pads with them.

So if you loose one the cotton pad will rot and so will the clothes pin. They have steel springs and they will rust out pretty quick. Just don't leave out the synthetic keys.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
james valley full rut...its expensive so i order from their website and get 4 or 5 at the time cause the shipping is the same for 5 as it is for 1 so it works out cheaper than amazon.. i have different bucks show up every year once i start putting it out...my hunting buddy didnt believe in using any either and i gave him a bottle of full rut for his birthday one year...he didnt open it til the next year cause he was like some of you...wont work..never has ...does blow at stuff i put up.. the wind was blowing one day into a head we knew deer lived in and i talked him into using some full rut and the biggest buck he has ever killed came right out of the woods up the side of the field and stopped to smell the james valley full rut.. maybe it was a concidence and maybe not but he has been using it ever since and kills good bucks every year...
I ordered me a bottle . I’ll try anything once or twice lol . And I’m sure I’ve spent $20 on crazier things . IMG_3913.jpeg

RedFoxx

I ordered me a bottle . I’ll try anything once or twice lol . And I’m sure I’ve spent $20 on crazier things . View attachment 1261818
you will not be sorry...its the best stuff i ever used...if anyone is old enough to have used the tinks 69 when it first came out...remember how you could not take the top off the bottle in the truck cause it stunk so bad...thats the way this stuff is... i usually break a little stick and dab a little on the end and hold it in the air walking in...have gotten scared in the dark cause i could hear something following me...got to stand and got up and a few minutes later a buck came right up to the ladder and sniffed it.. he was following me for sure....some of the other james valley scents are good also...every year once i start putting it out i always get some new bucks coming to smell it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I ordered me a bottle . I’ll try anything once or twice lol . And I’m sure I’ve spent $20 on crazier things . View attachment 1261818
You just had to go there after I bought the Conquest combo with Herd scent and VS1 natural. I don’t want synthetic stinks so I paid more for the natural stuff. Im gonna try to hold off, but lemme know how it works!

RedFoxx

You just had to go there after I bought the Conquest combo with Herd scent and VS1 natural. I don’t want synthetic stinks so I paid more for the natural stuff. Im gonna try to hold off, but lemme know how it works!
this is a copy and paste off their web site...i promise you this is different...
"Full Rut uses internal reproductive deer glands, musks and secretions in it’s formulation. This lure is enhanced with “in-season” estrus urine"..
and i am not an employee or anyway afiliated with them... i just see the results on my camera and in person.. i use no other products.. this is the only one i will "waste" my money on.. and been using it about 10 years..its the first thing i order every year...i ordered 5 bottles from their website..shipping 11.99(fedex) same as 5 as it is for 1.. i have not used it so far this year.. just waiting to the right time...wont be long...one spot i hunt they usually chasing and grunting around the time the gun season starts..if i had to not buy a few bags of corn to buy this i would do without the corn..imho its that good. most years they run out of it is why i have not posted on here much before about it..Had to make sure i got mine first!! lol
tommyg

RedFoxx

I was gona give it a try but 80 bucks, no thanks
i woudnt either if i had to spend 80 to try it.. amazon has one bottle for 23.28 with prime free shipping if i was just wanting to try... but i give one to my nephew for his birthday and one to a friend for their birthday and i can use the rest up...so i do spend about 80 dollars for what i order.. i actually got to try it for free and after that deer followed me to the tree i started using it and have every year since.. i always get different bucks on camera once i start using it but who knows...maybe they would show up anyway...and a local hardware store in douglas ga sells it i just found it cheaper to order direct if you need several... i got several buddies that buy it now cause i loaned them mine to use and they had same thing happen to them... but i was just answering question asked and certainly not trying to push it on anyone or talk anyone into trying something. i did say in original post it was expensive...