Amicalola Falls Stockers!!

FOLES55

Just wanted to share a great opportunity for the kids at Amicalola Falls State Park for some nice rainbow trout fishing. The state stocks the reflection pond at the base of the falls weekly and made for some fun fishing with my two oldest girls this past weekend. They caught 28 total in two sits using powerbait rigged Carolina style so the bait could float up about 1.5 feet from the bottom. It's an 8 fish limit per person, but we threw them all back in for others to enjoy the action like we had. We even had a very nice young girl approach us and ask numerous questions which eventually led to her catching her "first" fish ever from one of our poles and she was excited for sure!

There were people in my opinion abusing the 8 per person limit by applying that catch towards each and every toddler they had with them, but as I was leaving The Warden was pulling in, so not sure how that went down for that particular guy and I'm glad to know it was being patrolled, so better have a license and trout stamp if you decide to go. This place is easily accessible for the handicapped and elderly, so if you have an old grandpa or grandma you think would like a fishing trip, here is your place to make a few more memories with them and get some fresh eating trout while doing so. Can't beat the view either.

Well done by the GA Fish Hatchery's in my books.

Coenen

I was just talking to a friend about this the other day, they were looking for some family friendly spots to take their little girl, and that got me wondering if they kept up stocking at this pond. I'll pass this along!

FOLES55

There is a $5 parking fee and couldn't be any easier walking to the pond, its curbside fishing at its best for trout. The top of the falls are very easily reached also from a steep car ride, but a priceless view is waiting. Just research their website and I recommend the 3D archery course also because it was also very good for all ages. I was hitting targets without sights at 40 yards and the kids we hitting at 20 yards. We stayed at the campground fri-sunday so we avoided the busy hours of the park and had a blast. Tell your friend to use a light 4lb line with small egg hooks on a single powerbait floating egg (green color worked for us better than other people around us).