Annual Falcons Reminder

stringmusic

Love’em, can’t wait for Sunday’s game! Don’t watch too much minor league football. Don’t really care to see future insurance salesmen playing football.

Patriot44

Banned
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I say that the Sphinc makes a great target for Space Force practice. I wouldn't even care if it was full to be hones.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Coenen

I saw this morning that the Falcons keep on Falconing. Sniff.
Hard to keep your opponent off the board when your best defensive players are on IR. I'm not even much of a Falcons fan.

Patriot44

Banned
Hard to keep your opponent off the board when your best defensive players are on IR. I'm not even much of a Falcons fan.
If you are an NFL team and put up 37 points and lose, several times, your problems are a lot deeper than the defense.

Coenen

If you say so. If you're posting those sorts of numbers, the problem most certainly isn't on offense or special teams.

someguyintraffic

This might be the year a team scores 30 plus every game and misses the playoffs. The Falcons dont suck, they just have about half their 1st string defensive players out for the season. Hard to stop a team with 2nd string rookies that are lost out there.

someguyintraffic

If you are an NFL team and put up 37 points and lose, several times, your problems are a lot deeper than the defense.

The defense is exactly what is killing them. The starting safety Neal and starting MLB Jones are gone for the season. Those 2 guys are essentially the QB of the defensive side calling coverages and sets each down. Trufant and Alford are hot garbage at the corners. Ricardo Allen is out. Vic Beasley has turned out to be a bust as a pass rusher, and a bunch of unexperienced guys are being platooned in and out. The defense is exactly why they put up numbers on offense and lose. Ryan has thrown for over 800 yds in the last 2 games and 7 TDs and they lose because there are no stops by a 2nd string defense.

stringmusic

The defense is exactly what is killing them. The starting safety Neal and starting MLB Jones are gone for the season. Those 2 guys are essentially the QB of the defensive side calling coverages and sets each down. Trufant and Alford are hot garbage at the corners. Ricardo Allen is out. Vic Beasley has turned out to be a bust as a pass rusher, and a bunch of unexperienced guys are being platooned in and out. The defense is exactly why they put up numbers on offense and lose. Ryan has thrown for over 800 yds in the last 2 games and 7 TDs and they lose because there are no stops by a 2nd string defense.
Yep, pretty much. Although I don’t fully agree with Trufant and Alford being totally garbage, I don’t like either one of them a ton but it’s hard to cover for 7-8 seconds when there is no pass rush on the other end. Alford has actually slowed down a bunch on the PI’s that he was know for the last couple of years.

BornToHuntAndFish

Atlanta TV sports news last night after the loss that teams with a 1-3 record like the Falcons have a 14% chance to make the playoffs. Not looking good for the future this season.

joepuppy

I took my daughter to the game yesterday. Ryan and the offense look pretty good, but they won't win the game alone. The defense needs some serious help. I know injuries have killed us there, but that's no excuse for a professional team. Next man up.

Coenen

I took my daughter to the game yesterday. Ryan and the offense look pretty good, but they won't win the game alone. The defense needs some serious help. I know injuries have killed us there, but that's no excuse for a professional team. Next man up.
It's no excuse for the players, but that doesn't mean it can't be the reason why.

Aside, I was wondering if y'all made it down for that game. Outcome aside, you have a good time?