Another New Cartridge from Hornady

Big7

The Oracle
At least there's no belt.
They got a version that's the same caliber as a 270 that has a steel base and brass case that is sammy to 80 something thousand psi.
Edit: Had to go look but it's called 277 Fury.

bighonkinjeep

Click on this

I realize he is a paid writer.

Doesnt even mention the recoil except to say its less than the 7RUM. ( What isnt ?) And 2" difference at 500 yards on a hunting rifle oughta have all the other 7MMs shaking in their boots.....LOL
Accuracy is a combination of factors with every rifle being different. Tuning a load for each indivdual rifle is the most cost effective and sure way to get it. Takes WAY more than a tight SAAMI spec chamber.
Just sayin....

bullgator

The only advantage over the .280 Remington is the ability to use the longer bullets ...same with the .260 Remington/Creedmoor, same with the .270 WSM /6.8 Western ......can add the 6.5/06/6.5 PRC to the list also
Exactly right, and that can be corrected with a faster twist barrel and perhaps a slightly longer throat. The only other advantage would be the short/fat powder columns efficiency. Even that is mostly lost on hunting cartridges.
I think we’re at the point of reinventing the wheel.

Dub

They got a version that's the same caliber as a 270 that has a steel base and brass case that is sammy to 80 something thousand psi.
Edit: Had to go look but it's called 277 Fury.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here......and assume that the 277 Fury developers used technology & materials from the Roswell Crash on their barrels. :huh:

Seems like the throat erosion is going to be epic.

fauxferret

At this point it is just a game for companies to use components they probably couldn't move/ weren't moving to the hobbyist reloader. They failed to take us into consideration when a crisis happens and reloaders are resourceful. Then again it could be a game of seeing which company can make a cartridge that embodies the Wiley Coyote strapping an Acme rocket to his tail and trying to get that pesky roadrunner.