Anybody want to talk diet and excercise?

Jeff Phillips

I am making some changes effective 1/2/10. Going to try to lose 10# per month for a while:D Want to drop at least 60# in 2010!

My starting weight will be around 286. Lets post up, talk about our sucesses and our screw ups!

I am starting South Beach, walking every day (goal is 3 miles), and lifting 3 days per week. I'm 51 so my goal is to improve my fitness, not compete in a body builders show:D

What are your plans?

BBQBOSS

Banned
plan on doing the usual... go on a tear and lose about 40 then gain about 50 back later in the year. D

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I'm with ya. I'm at 250 right now and I'm going to try to walk it off first before I make any big diet changes. I'm 38 so I'm hoping my metabolism isn't completely slow yet.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I'd really like to get down around 225 from my current 250+, maybe then I can get off blood pressure meds.

O

Otis

don't go on a vacation for 30 days or you will find what you lose

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Go for it Jeff! I tried Atkins, etc. None of it worked. The bottom line for me was "Calories In/Calories Out".

Between portion control and karate, I'm close to my goal. 10 more lbs to go and I will be at 175, right where I need to be at 58 Y/O.

Good luck!

deermeat270

Banned
I disapprove of this thread until after midnight when we all make our new yrs resolutions.

deermeat270

Banned
Go for it Jeff! I tried Atkins, etc. None of it worked. The bottom line for me was "Calories In/Calories Out".

Between portion control and karate, I'm close to my goal. 10 more lbs to go and I will be at 175, right where I need to be at 58 Y/O.

Good luck!

Dear GOD....175.....I feel fat im 210. Good on you.

Big Jeep Wrangler

4 months ago I hit 205. I got with a trainer I know that works at a Gym and he told me common sense thing that will make you lose weight if you can stick to it.

Quit drinking soft drinks. Water water water.

Quit eating fried foods.

Eat fruit, fish and chicken. No beef. If you need a burger eat Buffalo. It is delicious with less fat.

Next is be active in something. Something to get some cardio.

I am down to 175 now and feel amazing. I am not always tired. My blood pressure isnt high and my wife cant keep her hands off me.

LLove

pretty much what wrangler said..

i cut soft drinks completely.. another trainer told me to cut sweet tea too but i told him thats a good way for him to die. i ain't givin up my tea for nothing and nobody. :smash:

keep fried foods to an absolute minimum. some will tell you to cut them completely but its just not realistic.

get a george foreman, and grill everything.

if you want a burger, buffalo is good but turkey burgers are cheaper. (and pretty tasty with some cracker girl)

wheat/ whole grain/ multigrain breads and cereals.

the old rule of thumb was 8glasses of water a day, but its really about half your weight in oz. ie: if you weigh 250lb you should be drinking 125oz.

and as much as i despise the fact.. if you work out in the morning you'll continue burning calories on into the day. Whereas if you work out at night (like i prefer to) it can keep you up later and disrupt your sleep. *as we all know from my facebook updates* :bounce:

and as always if you're getting into walking or running i TOTALLY recommend the Nike+ system. it keeps up with your workouts, the distance, time, pace, and calories burned.

good luck Jeff! :cheers:

deermeat270

Banned
pretty much what wrangler said..

i cut soft drinks completely.. another trainer told me to cut sweet tea too but i told him thats a good way for him to die. i ain't givin up my tea for nothing and nobody. :smash:

keep fried foods to an absolute minimum. some will tell you to cut them completely but its just not realistic.

get a george foreman, and grill everything.

if you want a burger, buffalo is good but turkey burgers are cheaper. (and pretty tasty with some cracker girl)

wheat/ whole grain/ multigrain breads and cereals.

the old rule of thumb was 8glasses of water a day, but its really about half your weight in oz. ie: if you weigh 250lb you should be drinking 125oz.

and as much as i despise the fact.. if you work out in the morning you'll continue burning calories on into the day. Whereas if you work out at night (like i prefer to) it can keep you up later and disrupt your sleep. *as we all know from my facebook updates* :bounce:

and as always if you're getting into walking or running i TOTALLY recommend the Nike+ system. it keeps up with your workouts, the distance, time, pace, and calories burned.

good luck Jeff! :cheers:

I dont think im fat @ 210 6' 2". Am I? When i was in the Army I was 185 and Maxed out the PT test. That was 10 yrs ago. :pop:

Bill Mc

Last year I weighted 265. I've slowly lost down to 245. I'm working to get down to 210 before I die :).

Hiking, bicycle riding and eating less is what I'm doing.

Crash diets have never worked for me. I eat a complete breakfast (eggs grits and bacon), a light lunch and moderate supper.

Being hypoglacemic is not fun. :banginghe

Robert 31320

I'll be in tomorrow. I'll be starting at a meager 300#

Daddyboy

Well, I've been watching the kids play there new Wii exercise stuff and I feel lighter already. Hold on I gotta go eat some leftovers for they go bad. I'll start tomorrow.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I HAVE got to get some exercise, sitting on my butt all day/night at work, and then doing the same thing when I get home is gonna kill me. I eat fairly healthy, it's the lack of exercise that's putting the extra lbs on.

How can I get active and stay active and motivated??

Big Jeep Wrangler

I HAVE got to get some exercise, sitting on my butt all day/night at work, and then doing the same thing when I get home is gonna kill me. I eat fairly healthy, it's the lack of exercise that's putting the extra lbs on.

How can I get active and stay active and motivated??

You have to truly want it. You also have to have determination.

Latest posts