Anybody want to talk diet and excercise?

Inatree

3 more gone for a total of 18 since Jan. 2nd!

42 to go!

Havn't seen an update in a while.
Ive been kinda watching this thread, I'm doing the same thing eccept I started on Nov. 24.
You said you travel, I do too. I'm carrying 2 dumbells and 100 lbs of weights around with me and staying in hotels with cardio machines. It was hard as dickins at first but now I'm kind of addicted to working out. I am 45 6'3 and 230 lbs which is exactly what I weighed when I started but man I look different. Keep it up, It gets easier.

Jeff Phillips

Only lost 1# last week. I was in meetings that went from 7:00am to 7:00pm and dinners until 10:00.

Hard to lose any when you are eating whatever they bring to the meeting room.

Fishin & Hunting

20 gone since January 2nd. Still going for more. Trying not to loose my focus.

I have noticed the vigor of this thread didn't last long.

Crooked Stick

down 12. 50 to go

Bitteroot

Polar Bear Moderator
Ok... I've changed my eating habits (and Cooking habits) started lifting again since I haven't in 15 years...decreased libation consumption and started hiking! The doctor has forced me to give up two of my friends..:bounce:.. and that my 150/110 bp wasn't a good thing! I hit the scales at 261 last month, and am now at a cool 252 and assure you I will see 220 before summer, and hopefully 210 within a year.:cool:

Steve Thompson

Well all I can say is you can do it, if you want to. The question is, how bad do you want it. If your carrying around an extra 50 lbs or more, you'll have a new life if you lose the fat. Nows a good time to do that... Do it for the people that like your company.
I've stopped smoking after 40 years of puffing. I have no doubt that I'm on the way to being clean of that. I stopped eatting piles of the wrong food, like cracker barrel cheese, ranch dressing, fatty beef, and so on, and such as that.
All this because I've decided that keeping fit and healthy may allow me a good quality of life, in the event that the Lords plan includes us growing very old, be healthy.

raggedy ann

Only lost 1# last week. I was in meetings that went from 7:00am to 7:00pm and dinners until 10:00.

Hard to lose any when you are eating whatever they bring to the meeting room.

Similar problem here. First weekend I went to my dad's for his 80th birthday. All we did was go out to eat. The next weekend I went to ATL for politicking. Same thing. Lots of rich food. I did limit portions (ate 1/2 the 10 oz burger, etc.) and make good choices, but it's tough. But I have noticed a difference in how my clothes fit, and that's the key. I'm trying to not focus on scale but fitness and clothes fitting.

bilgerat

Senior
I need to get in on this, I quit smoking after 30 years last March 2nd and promised My self I wouldnt gain any weight and try to get a grip on My health. well that didnt work out so good, Ive gained over 20lbs and now Im starting to feel it, I was going to give My self a year from quitting smoking to get in shape but that hasnt happened, so im going to join the new gym up the street and make a plan to work out 3 or 4 days a week. Im 51 and weigh 210 now so My goal is to to loose 20 in 90 days.

Jeff Phillips

I gained 30 when I quit 2 years ago, then started smoking again during deer season. Still have most of the 30#:banginghe

My plan is to give up the smokes when I get to 265 and that should be about 3 weeks out.

I'm 51 too. It's time to get healthy and eat for fuel instead of for pleasure.

Good luck at the gym, you will be sore for the 1st 6 weeks or so, but it feels good!

bilgerat

Senior
yea, Im not looking foward to it, I havent been in a gym in 30+ years:banginghe

paddlin samurai

To the young blonde at Golds Gym who works out the same time i do...thanks!!! You make going to the gym a thang of beauty and hey iam in the best shape of my life thanks to you. I could run on that treadmill all day long looking at your...backside. When i was in my 20s and 30s i was always the lead dog but now the view from behind aint so bad after all.

ryano

Banned
sorry to bump a post thats months old but I am now starting a change in my lifestyle and have been at it for a little over a week and have never felt better :cool:

I was diagnosed 2 weeks as "pre diabetic" and was prescribed Metformin......That stuff is NASTY and it STINKS :banginghe I am currently taking BP meds, cholesterol meds and now something for high glucose levels. I would LOVE to be off all of them by this time next year.

Anyway, I quit smoking last year after 25 years and gained about 20 pounds. Unfortunately along with that 20 pounds came high glucose levels for the first time in my life.

I have been making changes in my eating habits and I believe its paying off. I have basically gave up all "white" foods like potatoes, white bread and white rice etc. I also have changed my 3 to 4 ginger ales a day to water ONLY.........NO fried foods etc.

I am wheeling my wheelchair around my block every night to equal at least a mile in order to get the heart pumping and break a sweat.

It is so much easier and less expensive to go through life eating unhealthy but I am bound and determined to do this :cheers: This thread certainly gives me some hope :flag:

Fishin & Hunting

Woke up today to find I had touched the scales 30 pounds less than when I started. Off the next three days so I am sure I will go back up a few pounds till I go on my next seven days stretch at work.

I tend to eat more when I am off.

Now I am eating healthier foods now, but also eating a lot less. So I am saving money. Finding apples and oranges are cheap when compared to red meat.