Anybody want to talk diet and excercise?

KDarsey

OK,OK,OK.....

I need to drop some too. 6 or 8 years ago I was wearing sz. 32 waist comfortably....now I am in 36 uncomfortably.....
Just before and during the '32' times I was very strict with my diet and was running around 5 miles EVERYDAY...then a fall off a waterslide (don't ask) and a motorcycle wreck along with all those miles pretty much ruined my left knee. IF I could cut back on the miles per day I think I could run again. Maybe 3-4 days a week.
I was running a race (sometimes more than 1) every Saturday.

If you want motivation you could get involved with the 'Run & See Georgia Series'......you don't have to run,it is OK to walk lots of people do.
The series takes place all over Ga. and gives you a chance to see the Great State of Georgia. You meet a great bunch of people that don't look down their nose at you because you can't or don't run.
This might motivate you to do better during the week to get ready for Saturdays. I am trying to get back there myself.
If you want more info on this just ask or PM me.
I would love to loosen my 36's or better yet go buy some 34's!

Forgot to add, the distances are usually a 5K (3.1 miles), some have a 10K(6.2 Miles )or more and some even have 1 milers and some have even more. A lot of times these are tied in with some kind of festival or celebration so there is something to do after.

Last edited:

Robert 31320

I've lost 8# since the 1st. Rode bike tonight for the first time in years.......heaven help me do it again tomorrow....

Fishin & Hunting

Been working on losing # also since the night of January 2.

Started off at 250# and so far have lost 5 pounds. Walking or riding stationary bike.

Also doing the best work out of all. Sit at the kitchen table in your eating chair. Place both hands on the edge of the table and push body away from the table. Do three times per day. Also called portion control.

Found myself going up a size in pants, time to loose some.

BowArrow

Diets don't work for long. A change in life style will work. It takes will power.

Eat small portions. I use salad plates to help keep the portions small. Eat small amounts of food that you know contain fat, sugar or flour. Try to buy only foods you know are good for your health. Limit your eating out in resturants because it is tempting to over eat. Because I eat small portions, I can splurge and indulge in some chocolate as I am doing while typing this reply.

I weigh every morning and keep my weight at 169 +/- one pound. I am 5' 11'' tall and 72 years old. My goal each year is to do my age in pushups.

Crooked Stick

Hey Jeff

8 pounds for me. Still got a long way to go

fredw

Retired Moderator
OK,OK,OK.....

I need to drop some too. 6 or 8 years ago I was wearing sz. 32 waist comfortably....now I am in 36 uncomfortably.....
Just before and during the '32' times I was very strict with my diet and was running around 5 miles EVERYDAY...then a fall off a waterslide (don't ask) and a motorcycle wreck along with all those miles pretty much ruined my left knee. IF I could cut back on the miles per day I think I could run again. Maybe 3-4 days a week.
I was running a race (sometimes more than 1) every Saturday.

If you want motivation you could get involved with the 'Run & See Georgia Series'......you don't have to run,it is OK to walk lots of people do.
The series takes place all over Ga. and gives you a chance to see the Great State of Georgia. You meet a great bunch of people that don't look down their nose at you because you can't or don't run.
This might motivate you to do better during the week to get ready for Saturdays. I am trying to get back there myself.
If you want more info on this just ask or PM me.
I would love to loosen my 36's or better yet go buy some 34's!

Run and See Georgia is a neat program. I did 53 runs a couple of years ago....if you can call what I did running:p Finished high enough in my age class to get a plaque.

raggedy ann

Ok, so ya'll have motivated me. Since I posted 2 nights ago, I have Wii Fit stepped for 30 minutes and walked an hour plus yesterday. Third time is a charm. Gotta keep it going.

Sterlo58

I have lost 6 pounds since New Years but have a ways to go. Aint givin up :D

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am making some changes effective 1/2/10. Going to try to lose 10# per month for a while:D Want to drop at least 60# in 2010!

My starting weight will be around 286. Lets post up, talk about our sucesses and our screw ups!

I am starting South Beach, walking every day (goal is 3 miles), and lifting 3 days per week. I'm 51 so my goal is to improve my fitness, not compete in a body builders show:D

What are your plans?
I lost 100 last year. Get diabetes and you WILL lose weight. I started out on 3 medications now I'm not on any.
Still have to poke the finger lol:whip:

Sterlo58

I have lost 7 pounds so far this year and have a bit more to go. Exercise and smaller portions. :cool:

Jeff Phillips

I lost 100 last year. Get diabetes and you WILL lose weight. I started out on 3 medications now I'm not on any.
Still have to poke the finger lol:whip:

GIT-R-DONE DALE:yeah:

I probably would walk right past you on the sidewalk!

Well maybe in Wal-Mart:D

How did you do it???

Jeff Phillips

3 more gone, for a total of 15.

Missed several workouts due to travel last week and over the weekend. Gotta get back on the treadmill!

The AmBASSaDEER

Things that helped me are:

not eating passed 7:30pm (cut out a whole meal for me)

drinking lots of water

eat healthy/ smaller portions, healthy snacks between meals *

sweating daily: running/swiming/ Krav

REALLY Really wanting to.

* It might just be a mental thing for me but, not being able to eat a certain food, made me want it more. So I can have anything under the sun, I just choose not to, one meal at a time..

Jeff Phillips

3 more gone for a total of 18 since Jan. 2nd!

42 to go!

snookdoctor

i am not trying to scare anybody, but here goes. a while back i was married to a ga girl, and she divorced me. i was so mad that all i did was stop eating and go to the gym every day because i was so upset. well i went from 300 lbs down to 198 in 4 months. i had a doctor tell me that what i did was very dangerous, but i survived, lol. happy new year.

I lost 165 pounds in a divorce, then gained 120 of it back remarrying. The new wife was smaller:D

But, I have 25 pounds to go with the gut. My girls started teasing me, calling it "baby Bud".

Latest posts