Anyone Got a Classic Car?

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
Dang Basshappy my dad bought one exactly like that in '79 . One year old with 12k miles on it. We drove it from Florida to Alaska that summer pulling a pop-up camper. Got to drive it to highschool most days my senior year when he wasn't using it. Wish I had it now.

Nice ride!

basshappy

BANNED
Dang Basshappy my dad bought one exactly like that in '79 . One year old with 12k miles on it. We drove it from Florida to Alaska that summer pulling a pop-up camper. Got to drive it to highschool most days my senior year when he wasn't using it. Wish I had it now.

Nice ride!

That sounds like an adventure! Hope y'all snapped photos along the way and kept the pics.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
1971 Dodge D100 with a fresh '72 340 (stroked to 416).

-And a hat tip "thank you" to the OP for his support.
V__6705.jpg
WP_20190726_09_04_11_Pro.jpg
We had the honor of carrying the remains of the owner/my good friend to his final resting place at Georgia Veterans Cemetery Canton. USAF Veteran Desert Storm.
WP_20190726_13_05_12_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
1971 Dodge D100 with a fresh '72 340 (stroked to 416).

-And a hat tip "thank you" to the OP for his support.
View attachment 1280890
View attachment 1280893
We had the honor of carrying the remains of the owner/my good friend to his final resting place at Georgia Veterans Cemetery Canton. USAF Veteran Desert Storm.
View attachment 1280894
if you ever want to sell that truck, keep me in mind. My Pa-in-law drove one as long as he could, before dementia got him off the road.

Redbow

menhadenman

Man I’ve been looking at El Caminos. Don’t know why but I’ve always wanted one since seeing a distant uncle from Oklahoma roll down the street in one a few decades ago. Soon…

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Man I’ve been looking at El Caminos. Don’t know why but I’ve always wanted one since seeing a distant uncle from Oklahoma roll down the street in one a few decades ago. Soon…
I saw a white 67 one in NC for sale. Man, is that tempting

specialk

My dad left behind his 96 eddie bauer bronco....cream puff all original....i wanted to sell but my son said he wanted to keep it, he never asks for much so now he drives it to church on Sundays....Screenshot_20240105_142729_Gallery.jpg

slow motion

I am lucky enough to still have my first car...... 1970 Mustang Fastback. It isn't a Mach 1 but it was all I could afford in 1977 and was what I wanted. Needs a full up resto or at least an engine build. Came across the 1931 Model A a few years ago that had an older restoration and needed a little mechanical work.View attachment 1280788View attachment 1280790
Had a 70 mustang as a young un too. Wasn't my first car but not too far from it. No spoiler and an orangeish color but very similar.

GoodRaven

Not sure it's a classic, but it's old...

1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ
w/350 Chevy Small Block
Sniper EFI/Hyper spark Ignition
Ford 8.8 Rear End
jeep2.jpgJeep0.jpg

It has had a lot of updates since these were taken. I love it but my wife says I don't drive it enough for it to be worth it for me to keep it. I disagree since I would just have to find something else for me to work on to replace it. Not even sure what it would be worth anyway as it probably wouldn't come near to recovering what I have put into it.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Don't know if it's a classic but its an antique. And unique.
And I agree the older cars had much cooler interiors. Hate the sea of black or grey.
Pretty rare for sure. The only convertible conversions I remember were the Shelby Dakotas. Never seen a Sport package convertible. Magnum V6?

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Not sure it's a classic, but it's old...

1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ
w/350 Chevy Small Block
Sniper EFI/Hyper spark Ignition
Ford 8.8 Rear End
View attachment 1281059View attachment 1281060

It has had a lot of updates since these were taken. I love it but my wife says I don't drive it enough for it to be worth it for me to keep it. I disagree since I would just have to find something else for me to work on to replace it. Not even sure what it would be worth anyway as it probably wouldn't come near to recovering what I have put into it.
It ain't got round headlamps.... :bounce:

slow motion

Didn't own one but I wanted one bad. Turned 19 in 83. Same year of the 15th Anniversary Hurst Oldsmobile. Far after the muscle car era but I remember the first time I looked through the window and saw the lightning rod shifters. Thought that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

Screenshot_20240105-164726_Adblock Browser.jpgScreenshot_20240105-165250_Adblock Browser.jpg

specialk