Anything different That You might Try this coming fishing season.

Oak-flat Hunter

Do You have a new fly or fishing tactic.that You want to try this coming fishing season. And if so tell us about it...

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
New tactic, go more often.

centerpin fan

Gonna to try to do shorter (1-2 hour) trips during the week in addition to longer sessions on the weekend.

Sargent

Actually practice so I don't waste the first half hour getting back into form.

MadDawg51

Catching - fish, not flora. I want a little more catching and less waiting. I enjoy the waiting. I just enjoy catching much more.

fishndoc

My New Years resolution is to be more patient and more sneaky - every time I come to a likely spot, I'm gonna just sit and watch for at least a couple of minutes before I make my first cast.

Shoot, I'll probably break the resolution the first hole I come to on my first trip of the year.

Georgia Hard Hunter

I plan to learn the techniques and use of traditional wet flies. I've done some research and asked some questions on other sites, its seems to be a lost art. I was surprised by the responses I got from many seasoned fly fishermen, most knew of Wet Flys but very few really know much about this type of fly fishing.The ones that did know seemed to be Guru statis with very little knowledge in between the 2 levels.

Last edited:

centerpin fan

I plan to learn the techniques and use of traditional wet flies. I've done some research and asked some questions on other sites, its seems to be a lost art. I was surprised by the responses I got from many seasoned fly fishermen, very few really few know much about this type of fly fishing.The ones that did know seemed to be Guru statis with very little knowledge in between the 2 levels.

Davy Wotton has an excellent DVD on wet flies. Bass Pro carries it.

Randy

I thought about an idea all last summer and I am going to try it this summer.

I realize this will be blasphemy to traditional fly fishermen but I am going to try throwing small dropshot worms and those little small flukes at bass on the river. I just left Bass Pro Shop with all sorts of little shad, fluke, worm imitations and small hooks. Even found some small weedless dropshot hooks to try.

fishndoc

I thought about an idea all last summer and I am going to try it this summer.

I realize this will be blasphemy to traditional fly fishermen but I am going to try throwing small dropshot worms and those little small flukes at bass on the river. I just left Bass Pro Shop with all sorts of little shad, fluke, worm imitations and small hooks. Even found some small weedless dropshot hooks to try.
I once used a Trout Magnet with a fly rod on a Montana spring creek - caught almost as many fish as I did nasty looks.

Wishin I was Fishin

I'm going to try something different--actually catch a trout on my fly rod. I use it primarily for bream and bass. I've taken it to the mountains a few times but more often than not I end up getting impatient and I pull the spinning reel back out and commence to throwing rooster tails and crickets at them again.

I'm sure i'll be on here a little closer to fishing season trying to get some pointers from the seasoned fly pro's.

bonedog

Been playing around with a sink tip lately. I'm trying to learn more about the European nymphing techniques (Czech, French and Spanish). Interesting and effective stuff. Also, planning to get out of my tying comfort zone and learn some new patterns.
bd

Timberdawg

I am going to take the fly rod with me on the lower flint this year. I just bought a bunch of smallmouth streamers and poppers and plan on trying them out on shoal bass.

Tightliner

Reds, Tarpon, Bones, and Permit. Got a new 8wt and 10 wt:biggrin2:. and of course..............MORE blue line:bounce:!!!!!

Later.........................................