Anything like this happen to anyone?

dobenator

Last year my buddy and I were sighting in our rifles the week before the season. We were in a creek bottom behind his house and had a target set up at 100yds. We had both taken a couple of shots when I looked up and not more than 60 to 70 yds away was a huge buck running along the edge of the woods,behind us and to our right,coming directly towards us!!! We were so shocked we just kinda stood there frozen in place. He went into the woods and we thought the excitement was over and eventually resumed shooting. All of a sudden a doe came running out of the woods right beside the target, again we were shocked. I said, I bet that buck aint far behind her. I had hardley got the words out of my mouth when he came crashing out of the woods,ran by the target and was back in the woods, hot on her trail.
Now let me tell you, it takes some kind of will power not to take a shot at something like that!! I think we were being tested, and we passed. :shoot:
We located a fresh scrape not far from where we were shooting and set up a camera on it. This is what was running around us while we were shooting.
He was not seen all season so with any luck he is still there.
Any guess on his age??

Attachments

• jamies deer).jpg
    jamies deer).jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 604

HighCotton

Wow

that's a big bodied deer. Based on the body mass and size of the brow tines-- I'd say he's 3.5 ?? :type:

HC

THREEJAYS

I agree 3.5 plus .don't understand them being right where you were shooting though.

dixie

Not a buck, but there's been a couple of times we've had does walk out not 100 yards from where we were sighting in at. Us talking, shooting, LOL, those deer could have cared less we were there! I've about decided the only time they get cautious and rattled is just before breeding season is about to start.

shadow2

While i was stationed at ft bragg we had deer walk out onto the known distance range while we were shooting.

Ace1313

Earlier this year sighting in my BAR I just got done with a timed three shot group. I had no sooner looked up from the last shot and three does ran between me and the target.

I have a standing invite to a private dove field outside of Athens. Twice, I've seen deer walk out into the field where we had been shooting all day. One walked to within 30 yards of me as I picked up my empty hulls right before dark. The other time, two does and a small buck walked out about 100 yards below the skeet range. The missed skeet were falling within 20 yards of the deer and they didn't even care.

Curtis-UGA

I saw a doe being chased by 4 bucks run across a driving range with 15 people hitting. Why was I hitting balls and not in my stand? I also witnessed a buck chase a doe by a stand we were building 3 times with a chain saw and hammers going! The third time my dad pulled his rifle up into the stand and you know they never showed again!

Player4211

I have a shooting range at my house that all my buddies come over to check their guns before bow season every year. And every year we have deer walk out either while wed are shooting or right after we are done i dunno know why it is but they are used to it at my house i guess. We reload and shoot almost all year long.