API or Summit?

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
I bought the Summit just before the season, and will give it it's maiden voyage in the morning - Maybe I can say more then...

Cranium

Have sat in friends' Summit's,API's, & looked at the Tree Lounges....still like my 2 Buckshot stands better overall

Stumper

I've hunted with both stands, I like the api better in my opinion.Both are great stands,if weight is a issue go with the summit.

Have had 2 API's

Good stands very comfortable and good tree-gripping ability.They sold out to Outland sports who in turn went belly up.My understanding is they are now being made in China.

WildBuck

I own two Summit vipers . I used a Warren Sweat for years,I keep it for back-up or a loaner. I have used a Buckshot several times ,but i love the Summit.

reylamb

mpowell said:
the summit could be loud when climbing. sometimes the cable would slack up a bit once you took your weight off the stand and when you put your weight down the blocking mechanisms built into the cable would clang against the stand. i know my description here might be hard to picture, but trust me. unless you were carefully to be deliberate, it would clang. don't have that problem with the API at all.

That problem is absolutely gone with the new Summit stands that are out this year. They have a new locking system that will not allow the cables to move around when climbing. They are now the quietest stands made, bar none.