Awesome NC fishing trip

AllTerrainAngler

So for severel months now I had planned a trip to NC for my birthday. I wanted to catch a speck. On the Fly specifically. I messaged NCHillbilly and we coordinated things. Fast forward To last week. My dad passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday 10/9 so now I’m trying to handle that. With a lot of help we made it happen and my family sent me on my trip because lord knows I needed it. I met NCHillbilly that Sunday and we got to work. Maybe my second cast I caught a rainbow which was enough to make the whole trip worth while for me. Working in tight quarters I really watched for a while and tried to figure out his secret to casting. A little bit of a learning curve but I got it and landed a few specks. They could’ve been an inch long and I wouldn’t have been any less happy with the trip. I got to see a lord of wildlife we don’t have here in Georgia too. Went back to the cabin that’s night and started throwing flies on the river under the balcony. ENded up with a limit of rainbows and then some. Great guy. Great learning experience and I cant wait to go back. Pictures to follow

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. The kindness and generosity of friends helped me when I lost my dad 13 years ago. Fishing and hunting helped somewhat, but it took the passage of time to soothe the irreplaceable loss. Gil

Cook&Bro

Condolences on the passing of your Dad. It hurts. GLS is absolutely right.

And good on NCHillbilly and your family.

JonathanG2013

So sorry about your Dad also. Glad that you had a great time with NC and was finally able to catch a speck. Looking forward to the pictures.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I enjoyed it, and you’re welcome to come back any time.

Caddisfly01

Very sorry to hear of your loss ATA..You will always have your fond memories to lean on..Good job NCH!