Bad Luck! Don't let this happen to you.

TurkeyKiller12

I purchased a double bull surround view 180 blind last season. I had wanted one of these blinds for years and could finally afford one. I enjoyed a few hunts in it last season. Once season was over I packed it up and placed it in a shed with some tree stands. I got the blind out today and was setting it up for a gun season spot. Once the blind was out I noticed several carpenter ants all over the blind. I set the blind up and it looks like it was shot with a shotgun. I'll have to put a tarp over the roof as it has holes all in it. The lifetime warranty that double bull has likely won't cover this type of issue. No problem on double bulls part, just a bad run of luck for me. The good Lord sure knows how to humble me.

Attachments

• 20230925_161940.jpg
    20230925_161940.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20230925_160900.jpg
    20230925_160900.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 72
I set mine up on the edge of a river in some thick stuff. Rats or something like that chewed them bottom of it up where it meeets the ground. Too stupid to know they can go right under it .. unless they was using it for bedding material … 400$ blind messed up in 3 months . I feel your pain

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Sorry to hear, was looking at them.

Those $80 to $100 Ameristeps looking better all the time.

I tell ya . It just about isn’t worth it to have higher end stuff in the woods. Animals gonna do there things. Then you got the thieves and trespassers. Where they are issues.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

TideWe! I love mine and it was like $125 TMD.
Bummer about your blind man….I’d patch it up I guess

Qazaq15

I purchased a double bull surround view 180 blind last season. I had wanted one of these blinds for years and could finally afford one. I enjoyed a few hunts in it last season. Once season was over I packed it up and placed it in a shed with some tree stands. I got the blind out today and was setting it up for a gun season spot. Once the blind was out I noticed several carpenter ants all over the blind. I set the blind up and it looks like it was shot with a shotgun. I'll have to put a tarp over the roof as it has holes all in it. The lifetime warranty that double bull has likely won't cover this type of issue. No problem on double bulls part, just a bad run of luck for me. The good Lord sure knows how to humble me.

I found a roll of camo duct tape and covered up some holes in my blind with it. Works like a charm.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Bought a 2 pack years ago from Academy Sports for about $100.
Still using them. Love hunting from a blind. Over the years they have gotten a few pin holes, but doesn't really affect them.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Bought a 2 pack years ago from Academy Sports for about $100.
Still using them. Love hunting from a blind. Over the years they have gotten a few pin holes, but doesn't really affect them.
Got some Rhinos, 2 and 3 person...poles broke, hubs ripped out after 2 to 4 times setting them up. The 3 person has been in the woods for 3 years now, the two person since last October.

Had an Ameristep last @ 5 years, put up and take down every day.