Bama / Blue

Hunter922

I hate Bama and loved Michigan as a youth because of the helmets and Schembechler. So i was rooting for a good game which it was. But That's the worst Bama team I've seen in the playoff era and Big Blue looked marginal. When an offense can't get the ball snapped cleanly, can't identify a simple defensive stunt and doesn't have a reaciver who can threaten a defense that defense should look like the 85 Bears. Washington should feel good about their chances..

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Tommy Reese isn’t all that bright is he.

There was that drive in the 4th when they were running the ball at will, and switched to passing, stalled, n settled for a field goal. I don't think I will ever understand that. A TD there ends the game. A real head scratcher.

I also don't think I will ever understand how they went an entire season without fixing the bad snaps problem.

MudDucker

Staff member
Last play ramming it up the middle was not the right call, I would have rolled him left or right with multiple recievers as options in case the run was covered..

Bama had effectively run behind its left tackle all day and the center had screwed up all day. Yea, dumb call.

MudDucker

Staff member
There was that drive in the 4th when they were running the ball at will, and switched to passing, stalled, n settled for a field goal. I don't think I will ever understand that. A TD there ends the game. A real head scratcher.

I also don't think I will ever understand how they went an entire season without fixing the bad snaps problem.

I thought the same thing and short passes to boot!

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Worst Bama team since '08. I felt like making the playoffs was a bonus round for this bunch. SEC championship was way more than I expected from them.
Look on the bright side. No one will remember that asterisk now

Madsnooker

Typical SEC fan that can't stand Bama or Michigan so I could look at the game with a clear eye.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for making my point. :bounce:

giphy.gif

More physical? How many ttun D backs threw Bama receivers to the ground like a rag doll hmmm? Bama did it to ttun receivers at least 3 times.

I know you think ttun owned the LoS. To the untrained, biased eye that's exactly what it looked like. The truth is all the way through the mid point of the 3rd quarter Bama's O and D lines were slow as molasses in January in northern Alaska. They had no snap, no edge. They finally woke up at the end of the 3rd quarter and momentum clearly switched to Bama as the went up 20-13 but it was too late and they couldn't maintain the momentum although they played like a typical Alabama team for those few minutes and ttun had no answers.

ttun won the game so by definition they were the better team last night but only because Bama didn't rise to the occasion. You know it's so.

:bounce:

Like I said we see what we want!!! Maybe we are both right? All I know is I wanted ttun to lose and Bama wet the bed after getting punched in the mouth. Bama could not throw the ball down field becuase they could not contain the Dline, receivers were could not get separation. That didn't change once they "woke up" in your world. The only reason they could run was when they spread them out and called designed runs by the QB after the half. I even said that before they finally scored their second td. Anyone watching could see that was the only way they could move the ball. ;)

Deerhunter12454

I don’t see Michigan beating that Washington team that played last night.
Bama knew all game Milroe didn’t have any time in the pocket. Between poor execution from the offensive line and line backers not watching the rb out of the back field made for a long game

Deerhunter12454

Getting 5-6 yards a carry and you decide to throw screens…. Idiotic is the nicest word ever can type on here to describe the play calling.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
As I said previously, I'm surprised Bama made the final four. They were awful playing South Florida.

I'm happy with a conference championship to end the season. Knowing the teams of our resident experts were sitting at home watching the game just like us was a bonus.

Madsnooker

They went away from the run on that drive was because of the false start trying to hold up against the dline. Then second down threw a wr screen which was a great call in 1st and 15 and ttun blew it up for only a 2yd gain. Then they had to try and throw get 13 yds and got sacked once again. I do agree, maybe they get a td if not for the false start but maybe not.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Washington has got this! It may get ugly for Hairball.

GO HUSKIES!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Like I said we see what we want!!!
You saw what you wanted to see. I saw what happened. You even admitted I was right about ttun not being that good.

Madsnooker said:
like i said, you act liked ttun played a perfect game and that couldn't be further from the truth. I can argue and prove they made more mental errors then bama.

So to conclude, ttun is not that good but was able to squeeze by an Alabama that did not bring it's A game to Pasadena.

Madsnooker

You saw what you wanted to see. I saw what happened. You even admitted I was right about ttun not being that good.
Nice twist. I didn't say they weren't that good, I said their special teams played bad and was the only reason Bama had any life. You were acting like ttun played its best game and Bama didn't and my point was the both equally had some blounders. The difference was ttun dline dominated and bamas didn't. Ttun went 75 yds to tie the game running and throwing during the time you say Bama "was awake" and that's why they lost. Bama adjusted at half then ttun adjusted in the 4th qtr and Bama couldn't stop them. Even in ot, when Bama was "awake" ttun scored at ease just running the ball. Bama not so much on their turn. Ttun was again dominating both lines of scrimmage while Bama was "awake".

Ok I'm really done this time. :bounce: I wave the white flag elfiii. Your right!!! I shouldn't be disagreeing with my elders anyway. I apologize. ;)