Bats living in stop lights.

BDD

Has anybody noticed bats living in the green stop light signal ?
I’ve seen it in several around the Peachtree City area, some were
So full you could only see half the light. And it’s only in the green light
None in the red or yellow.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
We had one that lived in a deer skull at hunt camp. JOker would crawl in a hole the size of a quarter

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If there`s any space behind something and a crevasse to get in, chances are a bat or 5 will be in there. Nothing like taking an old insulator off a pole and a dozen or more land on you lower legs and feet. Or fall in the bucket with you, and they all want to climb to the highest point to jump. Same with flying squirrels.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I leaned against a dead tree to survey the squirrel woods a few days ago. There were large sections of bark peeling off, so I grabbed a chunk and pulled it down so I could get a good prop for my rifle. The tree started screaming at me. I had uncovered a bat and he wasn't happy at all with me.

Lindseys Grandpa

When i was a young cop i use to make extra money by replacing burnt out traffic lights after i got off. Never saw a bat in one but some humongus red wasp nest. Didn't have to open but one to learn being in a bucket 20ft up with a bunch of angry wasp is not fun. Learned to take a big stick and tap the light from below before proceeding.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bats are about gone here. When I was growing up, you could walk outside about dusk and see eight or ten flying around. Now, you hardly ever see one.

The white nose disease has hit them hard.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I know one fella on here that has his attic vents full of them.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I'll ask my looney mother if she's missing a few...

GeorgiaBob

I would guess that a green traffic light is warmer that a belfry!