BB Fall Classic Oct 3rd benefit. results/pics

bayoubetty

Hi y'all! This year I'm taking things in a little different direction for the annual Bayou Betty Fall Classic tourney. I am teaming up with The Center for Children & Young Adults. They are a nonprofit organization that takes care of homeless children 12-20 years old.

At the moment we have a guaranteed $1K for first place prize. Money prizes paid 1st-5th. (it will depend in the exact number of boats but it should be $500 for 2nd and so on (graph at bottom is based on 50 boats) There will also be Sponsor prizes

Early registration will be $100 per boat or $120 day of
all money goes to CCYA

* Optional $10 pp big fish at morning registration (Big fish 100% payout to winner)
5 fish limit, large mouth and spotted bass 14" and above.

All youth anglers under 16 will be qualified for a special prize for their biggest fish.

Day of Registration starts at 5AM- If you register early online you can check in with your boat number.

Safe-lite blast off - Weigh in 3PM sharp.

Charleston Park Ramp.
http://lakelanierboatramps.com/lake-lanier-boat-ramps-charleston-park.php

There will be food at weigh-in as well!

I'm so excited that we will have several volunteers from CCYA this year to help out too. lifterpuller, will be logging the weights on certified scales..once I locate some ;)

Y'all its a great cause so please consider coming out to support it.

(Sponsors, this year's tournament is tax deductible too!)

Pre registration link http://ccyakids.org/?article=fishing-tournament-saturday-october-3-safelight-to-3pm

Place % Prize
1st 20% $1000
2nd 10% $500
3rd 7% $350
4th 5% $250
5th 3% $150

Attachments

• bbbacktop1_copy.jpg
    bbbacktop1_copy.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,798
Last edited:

spud

this sounds great!
my fishing partner and myself plan to be there

Scout'nStripers

Looks like a fun time Jenn, I plan on fishing it. Hopefully my son will be here on leave from the Army and he'll fish it with me.

donald-f

What type of fish will qualify for the tourney? Will it be bass only? Largemouth and spots. Will stripers count?

bayoubetty

Donald, It'll be Largemouth and Spotted bass. 14" and above I believe is length for Lanier, on both spots and largies. Weigh in your best five bass.

If the striper guys/gals want to come fish we can do a side tournament for them. I'd need striper fisherman to show some interest here pretty quick! The way we did it at the BB Spring Fling, pictures with your beads on weighing of fish on boca scales-- how do $ tournaments do it with the stripes? Advice? Again, If there is interest in stripers please let me know. I think GeauxFish would be the challenger since he won the last one :)

donald-f

I am not a bass fisherman so I will target the "odd ball fish". LOL
I have the sound equipment and will be the camera man if you would like.

bayoubetty

That's cool, D. I would appreciate that. I had a fun day reaching out to lots of our sponsors. Happy to report that all I have heard back from are down to do it again! Thank you so much!
The interest in the tournament is growing!

Last edited:

lifterpuller

This will be a blast ! I am really looking forward to this! I am down to help out in any way.

riprap

I've got scales. They were once certified. I guess if they are wrong they will be wrong for everybody.

bayoubetty

The registration form is ready! I'll be sending to those that have shown interest. You can also find it on my Bayou Betty Facebook page. Thanks so much for supporting this great cause for the kids!

Brine

Sounds fun and for a good cause. I'll cover registration for a boater if I can have the back-seat. PM if interested, or BB keep in mind if someone's looking.

Disclosure - I know nothing about Lanier, but have had quality training using a net in previous tournaments.

bayoubetty

Sounds fun and for a good cause. I'll cover registration for a boater if I can have the back-seat. PM if interested, or BB keep in mind if someone's looking.

Disclosure - I know nothing about Lanier, but have had quality training using a net in previous tournaments.

Yeah, I'm right there with you :)
I know a little about Lanier though :cool: I've got to see what's up with a few of my regular fishing partners and lock down a partner myself.

Link to register: http://ccyakids.org/?article=fishing-tournament-saturday-october-3-safelight-to-3pm

Casey81

BB let me know if yall need any help at blast off or weigh in. My boat is down for the count so I am out of this one.

bayoubetty

Casey81- That would be great if you could come help with weigh in! I hope someone will contact you to fish in their boat w/ them if they need a partner!