Bear #2

tree cutter 08

Killed my second bear of the season yesterday morning. First real cold snap of the season. I had pretty much quit bear hunting for the season except for taking the kids. Where I was at I knew there was a good chance to see one but really focused on a buck. Well around 8 here he comes after filling his belly full of white oaks in the hollar below me. He was sneaking in fixing to bed up and shot him at 15 yards. He had been bedding there for a while it looked like. I sat until around 9 hoping a buck would come through but he never showed. Backpacked him out or I would still be dragging. I haven't kept track this year but I think I've seen around 30 since the season opened.

Attachments

• IMG_20191101_091940193-600x800.jpg
    IMG_20191101_091940193-600x800.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 255

jbogg

Congrats Treecutter! Standing by for one your Mountain Ridgerunner pics. Now that bears are off the menu for you it’s just a matter of time.

Buckman18

Congratulations on a great bear, Treecutter!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Oh and I got another text picture of a giant killed up in your area this morning !

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Nice work. You’d still be out there if a buck had come along and you had to get them both out. You’re way more ambitious than I.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Way to go, killer! I was slap covered up in critters this morning, but never picked up my rifle. Zero bear sign too.