Bear Scouting With Daughter

Buckman18

My 12 yr old daughter wants to kill a bear. We found them the other day, now need to get lucky:

20190902_164349.jpgbear and daughter in same pic. Look in upper left corner
20190902_172111.jpg

20190902_170807.jpg
20190902_164349.jpg

Even saw a Timber snake
20190902_135939.jpg

Attachments

• 20190902_164741.jpg
    20190902_164741.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 153

Buckman18

Nice. Now get her on one.

She has been so close so many times. She already has 4 bucks, a big tom turkey, a big hog, and a timber rattler to her credit. And has had bears in the scope but no dice yet. Im feeling pretty good about it this year. Shes 12 now and can handle a crossbow or gun better now.

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
^^^^^^ Solid right there and good parenting on your part. Hope y'all get a good one !!

In one of the pics looks like 2 bear in the same tree or am I seeing shadows?

Anyhooo- looks like y'all found a good spot. ?

Hillbilly stalker

That’s raising one right now ! Good luck to y’all this year. We will be looking forward to some good pictures.

Buckman18

^^^^^^ Solid right there and good parenting on your part. Hope y'all get a good one !!

In one of the pics looks like 2 bear in the same tree or am I seeing shadows?

Anyhooo- looks like y'all found a good spot. ?

No its just one bear. Best i could do with a phone camera. We enjoy photographing wildlife with a real camera but we were scouting and going through too much rough stuff to lug it around.

wvdawg

Staff member
Looks like it is ready to happen! Best of luck this season!

Big7

The Oracle
No its just one bear. Best i could do with a phone camera. We enjoy photographing wildlife with a real camera but we were scouting and going through too much rough stuff to lug it around.

Prolly not your phone camera.. Might be my eyes... Either way, looks like y'all are doing good. ?

greg j

You raised her right. In a few years when the boys come a call'n she will probably be
a better hunter than any of them.

zedex

Gator Bait
My 12 yr old daughter wants to kill a bear. We found them the other day, now need to get lucky:

View attachment 982031bear and daughter in same pic. Look in upper left corner
View attachment 982032

View attachment 982033
View attachment 982034

Even saw a Timber snake
View attachment 982036
I love it...

My daughter is 12 and will go deer or elk hunting with me. But no predator hunting. I'm going predator hunting this weekend and asked if she wanted go... she looked at me and told me to get my brain tumor checked...

How did you get your daughter to go?

Buckman18

I love it...

My daughter is 12 and will go deer or elk hunting with me. But no predator hunting. I'm going predator hunting this weekend and asked if she wanted go... she looked at me and told me to get my brain tumor checked...

How did you get your daughter to go?

Not real sure how to answer that or how it happened. I always ask if she wants to go, and most of the time she does. Even on mountain hunts.