best 410 load for turkey

bilgerat

Senior
Ive got a old Noble arms double barrel 410 that my dad gave me for my 10th birthday in 1968, I haven't shot it in many years. I was cleaning guns yesterday and when I pulled the old 410 out of the back of the safe it brought back a lot of great memories of hunts with My dad. I decided that I want to kill a turkey with it, What would be the best turkey load on the market today ?
?410.jpg410 2.jpg

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
On the market there's 2 TSS loads available for it.
Federal makes it and Apex ammunition makes it

Bubba_1122

I love that whole thought process of you using the gun your dad gave you in '68.

Don't know how it's choked but regardless TSS #9's would be your best option. Gonna be hard to find from a direct vendor this close to the season. Gun broker might be your ticket.

If you can't find any shoot me a PM and let's discuss.

GADawg08

haven't taken a bird with it yet, but I shot my son's .410 (fixed modified barrel) with federal tss #9 and I was very impressed with the pattern. I've always hunted with a 12 gauge so never really had the need for tss but if its as good as guys say it is, you'll probably be more than pleased running it through your .410. It is pricey though...I bought two boxes for $30/each and only five come in a box

deast1988

I’ve got apex loaded 9.5s my gun should be down at Sumtoy tmrw to get the work over.

mcagle

I just tried the federal tss #9’s for my son. I was pretty impressed for a 410. Adventure Outdoors had plenty of it 2 weeks ago. I think it was $24 a box.

bullardsls1

Basspro is keeping the federal in stock also browning has released the tss #9s this year as well . I have shot several boxs of the federal and some of my friends hand loads. I have a box of thr browning tss just haven't got to pattern it due to the rain. If u are located in the north west ga area send me a PM I can tell you where to find the tss . If not check bass pro adventure outdoors in smyrna also

bilgerat

Senior
thanks Yall, IT has built in chokes in both barrels, one is stamped 9.5 and the other 10.6 so I guess that's considered modified?. Ive got some Bass pro gift cards I need to use so Ill check there first.