Best ever deer lure

for the past two seasons have just bout filled tags with this stuff... take peanut butter oil,worstechier sauce,applejuice,and drained corn juice from can... heat in pot for 15 minutes let cool as you stir... let sit overnight keep lid on and drain in to spray bottle. spray this stuff everywhere around your stand and on your clothes i have even washed my clothes in it and dried them with it also can add acorns too. the musty worstechier really gets them to come in hard for a all you can eat buffet. just spray the liquid and then spray the lead? :shoot: Have fun and be careful out thier....

gtaff

Banned
Is this a joke or does it really work????

buck

oh yeah if i could post pics id show you two bucks nice bucks killed with it... usually late october bucks will be the first to investigate and then a lotttttt of does will gather around trying to figure out where it is they can eat this stuff. I had three does come and stay around my stand for an entire afternoon trying to get this stuff... they even bedded down and i would spray some more down from the stand and in a few minutes they would get up start walking sniffing and looking for it... they seem to love it. One time i put some in a scent bomb when they first came out and two yearling were trying to EAT THE SCENT BOMB NO KIDDING LOL. Its a real good curiosity hunger scent... Even when primetimes says deer shouldnt be moving I can get them in and they will bed there or just shack up within shooting distance until they are ready to investigate again...

gtaff

Banned
You got my curosity up. What is the excat amounts? I am a sucker for anything. I may even cook some up tongiht. Is there a certain self life or should you cook it before every hunt?

gtaff

I cook up a pot full and it usually last about 10 to 14 days. then gets real sour and nasty probably good for hogs then. but best is right after cooking keep refrigerated and warm in microwave before hunt to freshen. warm scent travels easier with wind currents and goes farther. anyways i talk about two cap fulls of worstechier the cap from the bottle just enough to add that musk smell. i empty an entire can of corn just the juice from the can not actual corn, about the same amount of appeljuice give or take a little, and two to three spoon fulls of peanut butter oil and cook till its nice and hot almost boiling add some acorns as it warms if you would like i do sometimes but since there are so many acorns they may not care much this year last year i used acorns as there was not much. you should really be able to smell that concotion as it heats. It may just smell funky or sour-fruity to you but to a deer it represents the smells of a food smorgesbourg and the musk of some type of curiosity trigger im guessing... but it works... carry enough to reaply readily in a quiet spray bottle. before i get into my stand i spray all the vegetation around it with it and also spray in my shooting lanes also hit the upper parts of sapling with since they are higher in the wind current and may travel farther also....when you see deer fairly quickly you will know why, also watch for opossums and coons also they will come to investigate even quicker... good luck

HMwolfpup

thermacell

sks/hunter said:
what is a thermacell?

It's a butane powered skeeter repeller. place a pad on a burner and it keeps the skeeters and other biting insects away and they say the deer can't smell it. It keeps the bugs away, but I can smell it so I'm not convinced the deer can't smell it.

At any rate, you got my curiosity up, I'm going to have to try this concoction this weekend. Seeing as how I haven't seen any deer this year, I don't have anything to lose. :bounce:

CharlesH

Sounds interesting i 'll give it a try, can't hurt anything.

Al White

Boy I tell you what, why not cook you up some of this stuff, spray it all over you and then get one of your wife's used tampons and drag around behind you(from another post)....... Can you imagine what your huntin buddies would think of you!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

RThomas

I used to do something similar to this. But, I just used the juice from a can of corn. I'd drain the corn and put the juice in a spray bottle. I'd spray it on the trail I walked in on. I actually had deer walk down the same path I took to get to my stand. This was years ago and I haven't tried it recently.
Not sure if this would be considered baiting though. The liquid will actually get on the vegetation and I supposed the deer could lick it off. Is it only baiting if the bait is in a solid form?

peanut butter oil

cook peanut oil add the peanut butter stir really thick and then cook what is liquid left over(do not burn!) that is peanut butter oil...good luck... yeah i spray this stuff everywhere.... my clothes the trail the trees my stand everything...

Just 1 More

I just tried cooking the Peanut butter... and guess what I made????? A MESS!!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:
Peanut butter does not melt in to a sprayable mist kind of stuff... it just gets to a thick liduid and then guess what???? IT MELTS THE FREAKIN PLASTIC PEANUT BUTTER JAR WHEN YOU TRY TO POUR IT BACK IN TO THE JAR!!!!
Dang good thing i'm single... if I had a wife,, I'm sure she would be whoopin on me right now :whip: ...
I must admit though,, The kitchen has a nice peanutbuttery aroma

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
a good scent to use..

I've only been deer hunting for fifty some odd years so what do I know? :type:
I've taken them with bows, shotguns, rifles, trucks and now am practicing catch and release. Problem is, when I catch 'em, they never get up again. :flag:
I once sprayed anise oil on some bushes to see what would happen. Had to run a group of does off so I could go to lunch.
One of the biggest bucks i've ever had follow my trail to the stand was trailing a scent I made of sweet anise and acorns. He stopped just short of a good bowshot, then ran to chase off three eight point bucks that had come up behind him. This super buck was later killed by a nighthunter who dubbed him the hartford buck. If you lived anywhere around Hurtsboro Al. in the 80's you probably heard about it. My favorite attractant is rattling, grunting and a few other small sounds I make with my own voice. Favorite cover scent is Black Pine, found along the SW Ga. creeks, it has a strong pine scent. Crush it on the ground with your boots, and rub some on your hunting clothes. Nothing will smell ya. I garoon-tee. And I get my limit of trophy bucks every year, not to mention the many I pass on. Always put a road or open pond on you downwind side to foul those wise ol bucks. :type: