Best ever deer lure

Eddy M.

GONetwork Member
peanut butter oil??? never seen it for sale----- if this stuff really works let me know I'll cook up some to use for my 11yr olds hunts

matthewsman

probably should not use chunky peanut butter

would just clog the nozzle.Anise oil?I've left a sock or two in the woods myself.....even had one walk up on me one time........maybe that's not the same thing.......

Timbo

Man,just reading the ingredients I got hungry.

I....Must ........add.....comment....... oops gotta go eat.

gtaff

Banned
Made some this afternoon. Took it to the woods and sprayed a few bushes and my sprayer broke. So I poured some oout when I got up in the tree. How long do you cook it? Since that broke I tehn sprayed Whitetail Formula Bowhunter's secrete formula. That did nothing but get me blown at all evening.

mockingbird

Look for Smuckers Natural peanut butter. There's 3 or 4 Tablespoons of oil floating on the top of the peanut butter.

Just 1 More

Just got back from Kash & Karry,,, in the peanut butter isle there were several jars of "Natural" peanut butter that had the oil floating on top.

i use it

i use it and it works i swear by it... nothing beats it they will come in hard and fast to it like the buffet bell just rang...

leoparddog

it does make sense. I've got a buddy who used to nail Peanut Butter jars to trees and setup his trail cam.

You should see the deer licking the jar to get every bit out. Put a jar out in the summer, take it down before the season and then try this stuff.

I got a feeling I may be cooking some of this up this weekend!

CharlesH

I cooked some up this morning, for the peanut butter i went to Wally World and bought the Smuckers Natural BP and it just had the oil floating on the top.....i carefully spooned the oil off the top and got 2-3 tablespoons full (i hope that was the way to do it, seemed easiest) Let it cook and set for 8 hours. I guess we'll see how it does on Saturday. It has a nice aroma of corn and peanuts. :D

good job

yeah if it has a sweet aroma of corn and peanuts and hopefully an hint of apple juice or sauce then thats it... its very attractive odor be careful not to burn the peanut butter oil... good luck this weekend one other thing keep the lid on the stuff till you get to your spot you want it out otherwise the deer might just follow you in...i have found that the earlier the morning you get out and put the stuff out the better the deer will be returning from eating and OH MY a sweet delicious buffet I smell i must go... its like opening a golden coral at hunt camp... good luck...

gtaff

Banned
How long do you let it cook and let it sit out. I made some over the weekend and it has been outside ever since. I need to get a new sprayer mine died while spraying

CharlesH

I don't know if i could smell to much apple i might not have put in enough juice....i guess we'll see ::huh: . I also don't really know if i could catch the apple smell over the overpowering peanuts and corn. ::;

bilgerat

Senior
A Guy In My Club Has Ben Nailing Jiffy P/b To A Tree For 4 Weeks And Something Keeps Stealing The Jars Off The Tree! He Found The Empty Jars In A Creek Bottom 50 Yards Away! No Lids Just Jars!? We Put A New Jar Out With A Trail Cam On It To See Who The Culprit Is, I Think It's A Jasper Co. Bear! Well See,!

Catfish369

Not sure if the deer will eat it, but plain ole pancake syrup or molassas poured on a rotting stump will sure bring the hogs in.

i do the same thing with peanut butter here in coweta nail the lid to the tree cut out the bottom of the jar and wammo attraction city... raccoons will twist the jars off and carry them away to dine to keep anything else from getting there food... just to let you know...

RGRJN

Just wondering if'n you could use the peanut oil , as in the kind you fry turkeys(unused of course). As opposed to peanut butter oil. Might be a little cheaper.

Joe