Best Snake Boots

shdw633

I've had Lacrosse Venom 18" Snakeboots for three seasons now and really like the boot, very comfortable and they came highly reviewed online. I have been very happy with my purchase.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Just purchased me a pair of Irish setters , only worn around yard a few times but think I’m gonna really like them !

Duff

Danners are the best I've had

turkeykirk

The best one is the one you have on when you get bit!:biggrin2:. Just kidding. Really like my Danners.5FC17CF5-C34F-4AB2-9680-CDB2B62575B3.jpeg

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I bought these two years ago and haven't had any snakes strike them to test them out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 11.49.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 11.49.53 AM.png
    269.3 KB · Views: 29

treemanjohn

Banned
As with any safety gear it must be comfortable otherwise you will leave them at home. I would suggest trying several pair before settling. You have great options mentioned in this thread

grady white

I think there are a lot of good ones to choose from ...but after taking to some guys that timber for a living , they said they don't wear anything but Chippewas, they would not spend that kind of money for the heck of it ...they have great trust in them ...tells me a whole lot. I look at the Chippewa as the commercial model snake boot and all others as the homeowner models. Kinda like a stihl 251 ( homeowner model) or a stihl 261c ( commercial model ) both will work ...one will work harder.

01Foreman400

Staff member
I’m going on my 13th year with the older model of the Danner Pronghorn snakeboots which I prefer over the new ones. I also have another pair I got cheap once these wear out.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I think there are a lot of good ones to choose from ...but after taking to some guys that timber for a living , they said they don't wear anything but Chippewas, they would not spend that kind of money for the heck of it ...they have great trust in them ...tells me a whole lot. I look at the Chippewa as the commercial model snake boot and all others as the homeowner models. Kinda like a stihl 251 ( homeowner model) or a stihl 261c ( commercial model ) both will work ...one will work harder.

Living proof. First hit from this 5 footer was a dry bite. Second one she applied venom. I prefer to test every new pair on a diamondback, but these will do in a pinch. Especially since she was crawling across the yard.boot2.jpgboot3.jpgboot1.jpg

Mark K

Banned
I need waterproof snake boots, haven’t had any mentioned that last a turkey season yet without wet feet, excluding Chippewahs. The ONLY pair I had that lasted was the Danner Sharptails. They just recently started back production on these and I just bought a pair. Hoping they last 5 years like the last pair I had.

Now let me clarify “waterproof” I’m not referring to crossing a creek or stepping in a mud puddle. I’m referring to walking a couple miles through dew covered grass every day of the season and keeping my feet dry. Irish Setters didn’t even make it an entire season, lol. 3 weeks and wet feet!!