• 120”+

• 130”+

• 140”+

• 150”+

• 160”+

• 170”+

Results are only viewable after voting.

earlyspur

I have several bow kills from out of state that are over 130, but my pops has had a 40 year career in GA only and he has killed 4 that range from 139-150 gross. I told him that the guys in that league are few and far between. I feel like he is a good representation of what a 40 year career of hard hunting can yield if you play it right. Never paid more than $11 an acre for a lease and changed his tactics a bit over the years as he figured out big buck movement, but he is proof you don't have to go to the midwest to kill 140+ bucks. He would kill me if he knew I posted this, but we were on the topics of what big bucks were in GA.

Attachments

• Pops bucks 2.jpg
    Pops bucks 2.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 80

ditchdoc24

Here's my biggest deer to date. Got him chasing some does last November in Jasper County. I really don't know what he'll score since he's at the taxidermist and I haven't had him scored.

Attachments

• IMG_0913 2.jpg
    IMG_0913 2.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 46

buckpasser

I have several bow kills from out of state that are over 130, but my pops has had a 40 year career in GA only and he has killed 4 that range from 139-150 gross. I told him that the guys in that league are few and far between. I feel like he is a good representation of what a 40 year career of hard hunting can yield if you play it right. Never paid more than $11 an acre for a lease and changed his tactics a bit over the years as he figured out big buck movement, but he is proof you don't have to go to the midwest to kill 140+ bucks. He would kill me if he knew I posted this, but we were on the topics of what big bucks were in GA.

I hear you. There are a few people I know that have killed some very high scoring deer and do it quite often due to phenomenal hunting ground in places like the sweet spot of Brooks county, unhunted quail plantation country, Worth county hotspots etc. Then there are the real deal hunters that can and will get the game they target by perseverance, woodsmanship, sign reading, proper shot placement, etc. on average to poor hunting ground. My Dad is known by his friends to “think like a deer”. I don’t think I have that as a natural gift, so I had to learn my own style. He took a 125 in some below average South Carolina low country hunting ground and a 145 net from chickasawhatchee with his muzzleloader as a young man. He’s got a few more good ones since and can still walk me to death in the woods.

buckpasser

I’d like to meet this Jasper County you all speak of!

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
I live in VA now but I really do miss my Jasper Co hunting ground. 700 acres and lots of good folks to hunt with. It's one of many things I miss. But...I sure don't miss Atlanta traffic!

ditchdoc24

I’d like to meet this Jasper County you all speak of!

It may not be much to look at, but it's a little slice of God's country. It's been my home for the past 20 years or so and I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon. I drive 10 minutes to get to my lease so I get to do a fair bit of hunting. I figured why drive 2-3 hours to deer hunt when I've got fine land right around the corner?

bowbuck

My best two are a 132 gross from Columbia County and a 122 gross from White County. I have a few more in the 100-110 range from Northeast GA.