Black Panthers???

Professor

Yep cause we get those on our trail cameras all the time...Oh wait... We NEVER get those on our trail cams and neither does ANYONE else...go figure.
We had them in South Georgia at least as late as the late 50s. A lot talk of painters, black and otherwise, happened long before trail cams.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I think it would be cool to see a picture of the old timers back in the day posing with one.

cowhornedspike

We had them in South Georgia at least as late as the late 50s. A lot talk of painters, black and otherwise, happened long before trail cams.

Bovine excrement. You can't show a single bit of proof of that. Trail cam pics aren't the ONLY way to prove something.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's funny that none of the old folks when I was a kid ever mentioned black panthers, even though they talked about panthers a lot. They grew up when panthers were still a thing, and they knew what color they were. Black panthers are a modern psychological product of movies after panthers were extirpated from most of the eastern US, styled by folks who have never seen a real panther.

Professor

Yep cause we get those on our trail cameras all the time...Oh wait... We NEVER get those on our trail cams and neither does ANYONE else...go figure.
We had them in South Georgia at least as late as the late 50s.
Bovine excrement. You can't show a single bit of proof of that. Trail cam pics aren't the ONLY way to prove something.
I don’t need to show proof. I don’t care what you think. I share fact and if people cant handle it then that is there problem. My father and uncle’s words were good enough for me. There is a picture of the one they killed hunting rabbits near Tifton somewhere around. I don’t have it. However, breeding populations were in Florida and costal Alabama, and there were numerous encounters with them in South Georgia. Really, people don’t need pictures to prove documented history.