Boat wiring

HortDawg

I’m trying to wire up my jon boat. It has a front and mid deck. The mid deck has a compartment perfect for two batteries. I have 2 deep cycles that came with it. It also has a little 4 switch bank with USB’s. I have a electric start outboard and have to mount a bow trolling motor. I bought 2 main switch’s and some 8gauge wire. My question is that all I need or do I need a fuse block? I plan on wiring up one battery to the bow trolling motor and the other for a garmin navigation/finder and what ever else possibly lights, radio, aerator for live/bait well. I read in the manual for the motor it specifically says not to use a deep cycle battery. So I’ll be adding a third marine starting battery for the outboard also. Does all this sound kosher for what I’m trying to do? Any add this, do that type tips I’m asking for. I don’t like doing things twice or skimping.

MFOSTER

BANNED
I was always told not to run deep finders on trolling moter battery you will get interference I run them on cranking also run wires on opposite side from trolling moter wire.

BoosterC

Since you have 2 DC batteries and are planing on getting a cranking battery. I would put the trolling motor (12V?) on the two deep Cycles (wired in parallel). I would used the cranking battery for Sonar and accessories. You would want a 3 bank charger.

If you don't have a 3 bank I happen to have a fairly new (~18 mo) MinnKota 315D bank I no longer need and could sell to you.

HortDawg

Thanks, I will run them separate wire paths for the interference issue and planned on putting them on separate batts. The trolling motor is a 12v 45lbs 36” minn. Does that guy use that much juice. That does open up running a line to the back for a 55lbs endura that came with it for electric only or tandem use. Send me a pm on the 3bank please sir.

ggg

Run everything separate. Trolling motor, sonar, cranking. Carry good jumper cables. And when you can add amps, more batteries for each purpose. Especially Trolling