Bow hunting in the rain

ASH556

Guess I’ll be breaking in my new Mathews all wet like tomorrow AM. Hopefully the actual storm part holds off. Best of luck to the brave!

oldfella1962

yes I'm hoping the rain holds off until the afternoon. Wouldn't you know it, every day for months it's been raining in the afternoon, now it switches to the morning. :mad:
I won't hunt in the rain because Murphy's Law pretty much guarantees a washed out blood trail.

toolmkr20

Looking like my area ain’t gonna see rain until after lunch. I hope I can sleep tonight. Got everything packed up ready to go. Good luck in the morning folks!!

ASH556

Well, it’s looking better by the minute as the rain pushes back. Afield we go!

ASH556

Seen 4 bucks so far. The first was a tall spike, antlers all red. He came in and bedded down 43 yards in front of me. Then a group of 3 came in, 2 small fork horns, one in velvet still and a nice big 10. I let both small bucks pass. The velvet one even peed right at the base of my ladder. The big 10 hung back for awhile, but finally started to come in. I thought I had cover of a leafy branch, but he busted me when I drew, blew and took off. Stopped a little bit away, then blew and took off again.

Ugh, bowhunting! With a rifle it would’ve been a 40yd chip shot

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Seen 4 bucks so far. The first was a tall spike, antlers all red. He came in and bedded down 43 yards in front of me. Then a group of 3 came in, 2 small fork horns, one in velvet still and a nice big 10. I let both small bucks pass. The velvet one even peed right at the base of my ladder. The big 10 hung back for awhile, but finally started to come in. I thought I had cover of a leafy branch, but he busted me when I drew, blew and took off. Stopped a little bit away, then blew and took off again.

Ugh, bowhunting! With a rifle it would’ve been a 40yd chip shot
Aaaahhhh that’ll make ya crazy! Bet it was a heart pounder though!

ASH556

jhanie79

Shot one hog at 7:15. Had a 6pt in velvet and a scraggly looking 10pt come in 20min later. Never came in bow range tho.