Brandon wants hunters to use copper ammo

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I need to apologize .... I was having a bad night ...running a fever of 102°.... I guess either a virus or after effects of the prostate surgery... local doctor says virus.... just feeling pretty bad ....

I should not even have been online ....and NO I don't drink....

My bad...

Never, ever apologize for anything on here, even if you're RONG! Nobody will notice except the people who want to razz you about it. :bounce:

BriarPatch99

I killed a good many deer with them, no doubt. And hogs and coyotes. Never lost one, but had to track a couple way more than usual. My only issue was the lack of expansion in soft tissue, and the explosive damage on scapula hits. I am a lung shooter, not a shoulder shooter most of the time, because my trophy is the meat. Those Speer Hot-kors are what I'm shooting in it now, and they perform great.
Please remind me again ... All .300 Winchester
? What grain TTSX?.....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Please remind me again ... All .300 Winchester
? What grain TTSX?.....
180. I've still got a couple boxes. If I ever go after moose or eland or elephants, they're going with me. :)

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The few times I've hunted turkeys I've used lead shells.

Waay cheaper than TSS
The purpose of TSS is to use lighter gauge guns with the same effectivenes. I sold my 12 gauge, only carry 20 gauge & .410. As little as one shoots Turkey hunting a box last a bit.

lampern

The purpose of TSS is to use lighter gauge guns with the same effectivenes. I sold my 12 gauge, only carry 20 gauge & .410. As little as one shoots Turkey hunting a box last a bit.

Except that Brandon is proposing to ban all lead shells on national wildlife refuges including the ones that allow turkey hunting.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I don’t agree with any restriction imposed. Just another way to impact the 2A. However, I caught Federal TSS for about $25 a box on sale online bought enough to last me for years. Carrying a 5 lb .410 is much more pleasant than a 12, especially 31/2.

lampern

I don’t agree with any restriction imposed. Just another way to impact the 2A. However, I caught Federal TSS for about $25 a box on sale online bought enough to last me for years. Carrying a 5 lb .410 is much more pleasant than a 12, especially 31/2.

I bought some Federal 20 gauge turkey shells on clearance at WalMart a few years ago. I'm good unless lead is banned,

furtaker

I have a Mossberg that shoots 3.5s. I rarely shoot them though. I'm a decent sized guy but the recoil is just too much for me. And all you're getting with a 3.5 is more shot and slower fps.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Just ::ke:, I don’t drink a lot but do enjoy a libation on occasion. But us Anglicans are allowed to recognize each other at the whiskey store, no pressure.:rofl:

B. White

What Brandon wants, thinks or says is about #897 on my don't give a crap list. Him and his kind will keep working on chipping away and make all of us outlaws one day. Now.....back to arguing about magic bullets.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
What Brandon wants, thinks or says is about #897 on my don't give a crap list. Him and his kind will keep working on chipping away and make all of us outlaws one day. Now.....back to arguing about magic bullets.
100% agreed, will not comply.