broadhead target

Gaswamp

I'm in the market for a new broadhead target. I use to use the Rinhart 18-1 but the black and yellow outline does not do well with my aging eyes. Any recommmendations on some others that I can get a few years out of?

280 Man

Banned
I'm in the market for a new broadhead target. I use to use the Rinhart 18-1 but the black and yellow outline does not do well with my aging eyes. Any recommmendations on some others that I can get a few years out of?

"Rattle can" paint is what I use to outline my Blob target..

hambone76

Block classic. Can’t beat it for $59.

Gaswamp

might try the block

alwayslookin

I've had good luck with the Blackout layered foam targets (little bigger than the 18" Block for the same money) but I don't shoot a super fast bow either. I say that because there are negative reviews saying arrows pass through too easy. Blackout also makes a crossbow layered foam target and the negative reviews there say they can't pull the arrows out. Guess there's no happy medium. LOL

Kris87

The Blob is the best target in the world for broadheads. That said, it is stupid heavy. If you shoot field points into it, it's very hard to get the arrows out. I use mine primarily for broadheads and other targets for FP.

Gaswamp

I'll see about a blob target as well

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
The Blob is probably the best I've ever shot with broadheads, but know this: ANY target will wear out if you continually shoot it with broadheads.

Also, blob targets are ridiculously heavy. I've got one that's about 40"x40" and I have to use a hand truck to move it anywhere.

strothershwacker

Pick your BLOB up & totes it 30 yards then shoot. Carry it back, repeat. Then you get a workout in while you shoot. Increased heart rate simulates adrenaline dump when you see that biggun. It's all part of the design to make you a better bowhunter. No other target offers these benefits. BLOB, simply the best.?

Ihunt

I bought 4 Blob targets earlier this year. I don’t plan on buying another target for a long, long time.

Gaswamp

Do you have to order the blob

Ihunt

Do you have to order the blob

Not sure where you’re at but shipping cost will tear your wallet to pieces. He will meet you at a predetermined exit on I75 in North Georgia. Ask him about blems. I built permanent stands for mine (to get them off of the ground) at different distances.

As Kris mentioned, arrows with field points are a bear to remove but I have found this is much tougher in the smaller targets. The ones I have at 40 and 50 yards are the taller/skinnier target and arrow removal is noticeably easier.

The smaller ones get easier if you’ll soften them up by shooting them with Broadheads.

The Blobs, imo, are a buy once cry once purchase. A little pricey up front but will save loads of money long term not having to buy more targets. I wish I had done it years (hundreds of dollars) ago.?

Jeetdawg

I just picked one up Wednesday from them. Met them at the Adairsville exit (#306) for pickup. Better price than I could get most high end targets for. Plan to slap some broad heads in it this weekend from my compound bow before my new crossbow arrives.