Bullets for .45 inline

MCW1984

Anyone have any bullet, recommendations for a 45 Cal inline, I normally hunt with a 50 but have been looking for an extra rifle to have as a loaner and ran across a deal on a 45. I've read that a few people are using the .400 200grain xtp but I'm a little concerned that they will fly apart at ML velocities. Any advice or input is appreciated, thanks.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I know alot of folks don't like them but I have had good luck with 225 gr. Powerbelt Aerotips using 90 grains of Pyrodex in my Traditions LD Evolution.

Hillbilly stalker

Mine shoots the power belts well. But I don't like power belts. .45 cal sabots seem a little harder to find.

shdw633

I have an Omega 45 that I love to hunt with even more than my other three 50 cals and I use Hornady SST's in mine and have had great success with them. They are on sale now at Midway USA if you are interested in some.

LittleDrummerBoy

Lots of good bullet options. For rapid expansion and OK penetration, we've used the 135 grain .40 cal Nosler HP in a sabot impacting at 1300 FPS.

Want more penetration? We like saboted .357 Hornady XTPs - either 158 or 180 grains. Keep the impact velocities under 1500 FPS.

Love the .45 inline. Smacks deer hard - much easier on the shooter's shoulder than the 50s.

Buck Dropper

I have searched far and wide and cannot find a brick and mortar store within a couple hours that sells .45 cal bullets. I just placed an order from Midway USA with overnight shipping. Didn't want to have to order online, but for whatever reason the .45 inline never caught on. Therefore no demand for bullets.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I have searched far and wide and cannot find a brick and mortar store within a couple hours that sells .45 cal bullets. I just placed an order from Midway USA with overnight shipping. Didn't want to have to order online, but for whatever reason the .45 inline never caught on. Therefore no demand for bullets.

Thats why I bought a .50, lack of bullet choices in local stores. I just placed a order myself for some .45 SST bullets and Harvester sabots.

BarnesAddict

Learn to shoot sabotless. In doing so, your choice of available bullets skyrockets. Yes, it takes a little extra work to start and require a sizing die, but once you get rid of the weakest link (sabot), you'll never go back to sabots again.
The Fury bullet line is very high quality, accurate and excellent on game.

MCW1984

I ended up grabbing some of the sst from Midway, hopefully I'll see what they do by the end of the week.

shdw633

I ended up grabbing some of the sst from Midway, hopefully I'll see what they do by the end of the week.

You won't be disappointed. Busted a doe at 70 yards this weekend with one, complete pass through and busted both shoulders, she nose plowed for about 5 yards and piled up.

Latest posts