Business Casual Help

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
My middle son is getting promoted one day in the Army, then graduating med school the next.

Need some help. Looked up what business casual looks like TODAY and a hard no for what I see now.

A polo, khakis and nice shoes...no skinny jeans.

Can y'all help a 54 yr old man out? Blue does go well with my eyes

Am I missing anything?

Screenshot_20240314_222153_Chrome.jpg

Havana Dude

None of what’s pictured. They would get from me; khakis at best, probably a newer pair of cheap rural king jeans, a nice shirt and my 40 year old snakeskin cowboy boots. It ain’t a fashion show, and I don’t care what others think. But, that’s me.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
My middle son is getting promoted one day in the Army, then graduating med school the next.

Need some help. Looked up what business casual looks like TODAY and a hard no for what I see now.

A polo, khakis and nice shoes...no skinny jeans.

Can y'all help a 54 yr old man out? Blue does go well with my eyes

Am I missing anything?

View attachment 1294044
Still got your BDU/ADU's? Class A's?

georgia_home

In general, Similar to the two on the left. Maybe no jacket

Tight Lines

Same as the other's I'd be dressed like the two on the left unless it's a wedding or funeral. Or a NYC client.

I don't even know what that goombah in the middle is wearing...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Gratitude to your son for his service, and congrats to him for making it thru med school. That boy's future is bright.

Ain't nobody gonna care what you wear to the ceremonies... :bounce:

ucfireman

Stripped overalls were good enough for church so should be good enough for the govt and med school.
The 4th guy, rolled up jeans? Business casual? Really?

Wear nice jeans, not faded or holes (not Alan Jackson jeans), a polo, or button up dress shirt, tie optional, jacket or not your choice.
Tennis shoes (sneakers today) and your good. Just not the hot pink or chartreuse that's popular today.

GeorgiaBob

If you want to look like you are competent and comfortable, dress your age without trying to use clothes to deliver a "message." You can be sure to "fit" any environment with a dark blue (navy) blazer over a dress shirt with button down collar. The shirt can be white or light blue, or even light gray (I always stick to solid colors). Add dark gray slacks and you're "dressy" or make them khaki for a less dressed look. A pair of leather "deck" shoes and a pair of dress shoes in dark brown also give you options. Carry a couple of dark solid color ties and you are ready for anything short of a formal affair.

Remember, all of ads you see for wardrobe choices are put together by 20 something, artsy/fartsy, city boys/girls/others. for the express purpose of selling their clothes. They absolutely do NOT have anything to offer any adult professional!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team