Business Casual Help

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

basstrkr

If you want to look like you are competent and comfortable, dress your age without trying to use clothes to deliver a "message." You can be sure to "fit" any environment with a dark blue (navy) blazer over a dress shirt with button down collar. The shirt can be white or light blue, or even light gray (I always stick to solid colors). Add dark gray slacks and you're "dressy" or make them khaki for a less dressed look. A pair of leather "deck" shoes and a pair of dress shoes in dark brown also give you options. Carry a couple of dark solid color ties and you are ready for anything short of a formal affair.

Remember, all of ads you see for wardrobe choices are put together by 20 something, artsy/fartsy, city boys/girls/others. for the express purpose of selling their clothes. They absolutely do NOT have anything to offer any adult professional!
Post name: "Bob can be spiffy."

GeorgiaBob

Post name: "Bob can be spiffy."

My beloved calls my wardrobe "boorrrring." :biggrin2:

I simply say that over the last 50 years (excluding time in uniform) a wardrobe identical to what I described has meant that I have never been caught overdressed or underdressed for any professional occasion. I have just added or removed a tie, put the sportscoat on or took it off, rolled up my sleeves or buttoned my collar, and abracadabra I'm dressed to match whatever is happening.:fine:

And now my feelings are hurt because you picked on me. :cry:

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team