Cabela's Cams - warranty (pics at post 28)

Jim Boyd

I called Cabela's after looking at their cams on line.

They have cams that are listed as Lifetime Warrany and some that have a green banner that says Everyday Value.

When you read what Everyday Value means it says they have a lifetime warranty.

The lady at Cabela's told me it was basically just verbiage and that both carry a lifetime warranty.

If true and if they stand behind it - and - if the cameras perform well, I will buy nothing else.

I ordered three 14 MP cams and also got free shipping + 10% off with their current promo code.

Will deploy them, make some comparisons and report back.

FWIW, every Cabela's branded product I have ever had met or exceeded my expectations.

Oh yeah, looking at the control panel on these cams, it looks like Moultrie makes them.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I have a Cabelas camera that I bought last year. Pretty much bought it because of the warranty. Takes awesome pics and video! It's been in the woods since I bought it, in fact I pulled the card yesterday.

N

NantucketShedHunter

Can someone who owns a Cabelas camera post a few sample pictures?

livetohunt

Jim, thanks for the post. A lifetime warranty is incredible for trail cameras. The only cameras I own that don't break are reconyx, and you have to pay big dollars for those.

shdw633

Just be aware that the lifetime warranty is for the lifetime of the camera....not your lifetime. Though I think that is the best warranty that is out there for a camera I just read on the Cabelas Facebook page where they answer someone about that lifetime guarantee. Here is what they responded with:

Attachments

• Cabelas warranty.jpg
    Cabelas warranty.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 789

Hunter922

I bought some of these last year because of the warranty and so far so good. I actually talked to a GM at the store to confirm the warranty and he said that under normal use they will honor the warranty. I purchased these and assured him that I would be unhappy to say the least if they did not. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• IMAG0035.JPG
    IMAG0035.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 788
  • IMAG0044.JPG
    IMAG0044.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 784
  • IMAG0069.JPG
    IMAG0069.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 779
N

NantucketShedHunter

Looks good. Thanks. How are the night pictures?

Jim Boyd

Listen, if you don't bang the camera up and a squirrel does not gnaw a hole in it, I think Cabela's will stand behind it for a long time. Probably year after year after year.

I probably have about 30 cams in operation

I tried Primos and their customer support was average to poor.

I switched to Moultrie and while they are decent, you are 100% on your own after about 18 months, even when you have 25 running and have two to three failed.

I purchased 8 WGI on a flash sale and not only are the cameras awful (admittedly, they were low end cams) - their customer support was basically the least helpful and most nonchalant I have ever seen.

So..... cams fail, I get it. I have thrown 12-15 away and have another 6-8 that need to discarded now.

The question becomes - with Cabela's would I have discarded that many or would I have not had to keep purchasing?

I am gonna go down this road and see what the scenery looks like.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I purchased a Cabela's camera about a year ago. Pictures are great, the menu is awesome with a large screen for easy setup. I had what I thought was a problem with the camera taking hundreds of pictures a day, so I went an swapped it. They didn't have my model in stock so they upgraded me to the next version up for free. This camera is also taking alot of pictures during the day, I guess it's the location or something is triggering it. I plan to buy another Cabela's camera.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Here is a photo from it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1496075700053.jpg
    FB_IMG_1496075700053.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 772

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Here is a nighttime photo, but I took a picture of my screen instead of downloading it, so be aware of that. The actual night image is great and this is a no flash version.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1496076007010.jpg
    FB_IMG_1496076007010.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 767

Hunter922

Looks good. Thanks. How are the night pictures?

Not much on the white light but for 100$ I will live with it. I put my Reconyx in Areas that I think our bigger deer are likely to show up.

Attachments

• IMAG0051.JPG
    IMAG0051.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 766
N

NantucketShedHunter

Thanks for the night pictures. After seeing them I would not buy this camera.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
What's wrong with the night picture?

Jim Boyd

Sandra - I will handle for you.

PM coming back to you

Jim Boyd

Night pics- it is possible that Cabela's has addressed.

The cams I ordered are listed as Gen III

Even if not fixed, I can live with that if the cam will either work all the time or is really lifetime warranty.

What I want to know is when the nighttime photos turn into daytime photos so I know it is time to get in there and hunt!

Latest posts