Career Advice

mlane9

1st, know what you want to provide / can contribute.
I would get an excel chart and list all the local outdoors type businesses, I think you can just type "outdoor companies" on Google.

Contact all of these guys and see what's available. Track your results.

Use linkedin... only apply to quick apply jobs.

Get a professional to do your resume.

Job hunting isn't fun, don't get discouraged.

dslc6487

Sir: I don't know your age or your medical restrictions, but the State of Georgia is in the process of hiring Game Wardens and other positions in the Dept of Natural Resources. Georgia intends to have a Game Warden for each county and they are quite a few short of their goal. Also, you would be allowed to further your education on the GI Bill, and also, the State of Georgia would help with your education.

If interested, go on line to State of Georgia job openings. They are also hiring
State Troopers if that would interest you. Just food for thought.

Good luck

I am a decorated, disabled, combat veteran of the Vietnam War. So, thank you for your service to our country...

DustyRoads

Hey everyone how's it going.

I'm posting this here in means of trying to possibly gather advice, recommendations, helpful tips or maybe even prior experience with trying to choose a career path involving the outdoors industry. by that I mean conservation, forestry, wildlife biologist oriented or even land management of some kind. before I even continue on. I am a current active duty service member in the military and have spent the better part of a decade in the service between the Marine Corps and Army and it seems now that my time has come to continue on a different path career wise outside of the military due to facing probable separation from the Military bc of medical related issues sustained while in the service. with that being said if it does go through I am intending on making full use of my education benefits and resources afforded to me and plan to continue my education and get my degree hopefully geared towards a career path that is in good demand that will as well provide longevity and lasting financial security as well. with that being said this go around I would definitely like to make my next career move into a field that I can enjoy doing but at the same time be successful while doing it and not have to worry about making ends meet. so please feel free if anyone on here has any information knowledge or expertise regarding the various fields I had mentioned I would gratefully appreciate any advice you all would like to give or maybe even some suggestions to look into. thanks everyone for taking the time to read this.
I'm a welder since 76 and love the outdoors...
++++ If had to do it again I'd be a GEOLOGIST!++++