Cat cafe’

Baroque Brass

Saw a place today called cat cafe’. No mention of other menu items. I’ll confine my cat consumption to Chinese restaurants, at least they disguise it well. I wonder what sides you get with cat?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Saw a place today called cat cafe’. No mention of other menu items. I’ll confine my cat consumption to Chinese restaurants, at least they disguise it well. I wonder what sides you get with cat?
Monkey lolly pop.

Big7

The Oracle
My X feeds ours raw Shrimp and Chicken.

Toliver

Or is it a Café for cats? You take them there and let them pick a meal. I bet such places exist. Some folks go way out there for their pets.

oldfella1962

Probably a cafe where they have cats on-site that you can interact with while you eat and drink. They have them here and there in cities across America and in some other countries. When I was a teen in Wisconsin we had a restaurant where the guy had a variety of critters running around. it did take some getting used to!

Dr. Strangelove

Probably a cafe where they have cats on-site that you can interact with while you eat and drink. They have them here and there in cities across America and in some other countries. When I was a teen in Wisconsin we had a restaurant where the guy had a variety of critters running around. it did take some getting used to!
I remember sitting down at an outside bar in FL on a dock and there was no bartender to be seen. This old cat (actual feline) saunters down the bar to me and just just flops down. I absent mindedly started stroking it's belly and petting it and it was purring and rubbing it's head and on my hands and such.

I look up to see the bartender with a shocked look on his face, I assumed it was because I had taken liberties with the cat and apologized. He said no, I can't even pet that cat. He doesn't let anyone pet him.

He ended up bringing out the rest of the staff to show them and they were equally dumbfounded. I had a couple/three beers, tried to pay and the bartender said nah, you're good, (whatever cat's name was, I don't remember now) has got your tab, have a good one.

First/last time I ever had a cat pay my tab, lol.

Toliver

I think I would drive on down to the next Cafe even if it were several miles away.
Agreed. Serving cat. Serving cats. Service with cats. All three would have me turning away.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Somebody opened a dog bakery in the touristy section of Waynesville, NC a while back. From what I understand, they don't actually bake dogs, but the tourists take their little foofoo dogs in there and buy fresh-baked treats for them. Enough people must do it for them to stay in business for a couple years so far.

Toliver

Somebody opened a dog bakery in the touristy section of Waynesville, NC a while back. From what I understand, they don't actually bake dogs, but the tourists take their little foofoo dogs in there and buy fresh-baked treats for them. Enough people must do it for them to stay in business for a couple years so far.
There are half a dozen of them within about 45 minutes of me in any direction.

oldfella1962

I remember sitting down at an outside bar in FL on a dock and there was no bartender to be seen. This old cat (actual feline) saunters down the bar to me and just just flops down. I absent mindedly started stroking it's belly and petting it and it was purring and rubbing it's head and on my hands and such.

I look up to see the bartender with a shocked look on his face, I assumed it was because I had taken liberties with the cat and apologized. He said no, I can't even pet that cat. He doesn't let anyone pet him.

He ended up bringing out the rest of the staff to show them and they were equally dumbfounded. I had a couple/three beers, tried to pay and the bartender said nah, you're good, (whatever cat's name was, I don't remember now) has got your tab, have a good one.

First/last time I ever had a cat pay my tab, lol.
o_O