"My Cat's Got Talent" auditions - True Story!

oldfella1962

Okay the "cat stuck up a tree" was interesting, but I don't want to derail it, so here is a separate story for your entertainment:
One of my cats is scared of strangers. My dryer was beyond repair, and another dryer was being delivered by Home Depot.
So, I disconnected the air vent tubing from the back of my broke dryer, because Home Depot was going to take the broke dryer away when they brought the new one. Home Depot comes and does their thing, and I tell them to wait before they depart until I account for all my pets, in case they escaped during the hubbub of doors being open & closed and whatnot. Sure enough, I'm missing my "fraidy-cat". :oops:

I look in the usual spots she hides, but no cat. A few minutes later one of the delivery guys yells "there's a cat in the truck!"
My cat was inside a wooden pallet stacked with tiles or shingles or something in a corner of the truck. After one of them moved enough materials to squeeze behind the pallet they prodded & pushed the cat (she wedged herself in tight) carefully until I could grab her. How did she get into the truck without anybody seeing her escape the house? :unsure:

From the best we could figure, when the Home Depot guys came she got scared and ran to one of her hiding places, behind the dryer. When the guys started actually handling the broke dryer she was corned, so her only place to hide was to climb up inside the actual dryer through the vent hose hookup! :LOL: So she stowed away inside the broke dryer and when they put it into the truck, she found a safer place to hide, which was inside a pallet that barely had clearance for her to squeeze into.

Hilarious, but what if she had chose to climb into the PVC pipe venting that routes to the outside of my house and got stuck? There are some serious twists & bends and I can't imagine the cost of tearing up my house to get her (or her body if things went south) from the tubing!
Craziest pet shenanigans ever in my family, until my daughter's golden retriever swallowed an entire set of keys (car keys, house keys, etc) that were attached to a huge fuzzy cartoon cat head key fob! o_O