Cellular Camera Compatibility

SarahFair

The SO wants to get our son a cellular camera for his birthday..

We are looking at the Tactacam REVEAL x Gen 2.0, but it says it's AT&T and Verizon compatible, we have T-mobile, so does that mean it won't work for us?

If so, does anyone know of a good (and affordable) cellular camera compatible with T-mobile?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Don't know but try here:

The good part about buying from them is they give a 2 year warranty on all cameras. I buy mine exclusively from them.

Buford_Dawg

It will work fine for you, the mobile service you have on your personal phones has no correlation regarding a trail camera. Buy the provider that has best service in the area you intend on using it. I am running 8 Tactacams right now, with Verizon service HOWEVER my personal Cell phone service is with AT&T.

Lilly001

It matters not what your cell carrier for your phone is.
The cameras work independent of your cell phone.
The two choices are for you to get the best signal. The app doesn’t care witch.
I have the reveal and love it.
Spend the extra and get the solar battery.
I also got the camera stand that has two arms. It makes it a great package.

Buford_Dawg

Also, your monthly billing will be with Reveal Tactacam, NOT the service provider so once again, go with the Tactacam (they are terrific) camera. You will NOT see a bill from AT&T or Verizon, only Tactacam.

It will work fine for you, the mobile service you have on your personal phones has no correlation regarding a trail camera. Buy the provider that has best service in the area you intend on using it. I am running 8 Tactacams right now, with Verizon service HOWEVER my personal Cell phone service is with AT&T.
This right here

Also, your monthly billing will be with Reveal Tactacam, NOT the service provider so once again, go with the Tactacam (they are terrific) camera. You will NOT see a bill from AT&T or Verizon, only Tactacam.
This right here too…

It matters not what your cell carrier for your phone is.
The cameras work independent of your cell phone.
The two choices are for you to get the best signal. The app doesn’t care witch.
I have the reveal and love it.
Spend the extra and get the solar battery.
I also got the camera stand that has two arms. It makes it a great package.
And this ! They got you covered and spot on nothing more I can add

sghoghunter

It doesn’t matter on cell phone provider just get whichever provider works best where camera will be. Also get external battery source to go along with internal batteries. Only thing I don’t agree with on all the above is the Tactacam. Why pay extra for HD pictures and videos

It doesn’t matter on cell phone provider just get whichever provider works best where camera will be. Also get external battery source to go along with internal batteries. Only thing I don’t agree with on all the above is the Tactacam. Why pay extra for HD pictures and videos
Yeah I agree.. if you have a bunch of cameras the cost per camera isn’t much. Beats going to the camera to get memory cards to see more detail and quality. I have the pro-extra. Deft a difference in pic quality on the app. The best quality is straight off the memory card. I don’t swap mine out leave them in the cameras and format them when needed

sghoghunter

Yeah I agree.. if you have a bunch of cameras the cost per camera isn’t much. Beats going to the camera to get memory cards to see more detail and quality. I have the pro-extra. Deft a difference in pic quality on the app. The best quality is straight off the memory card. I don’t swap mine out leave them in the cameras and format them when needed

This is pretty good to be sent to my phone this morning. I also like this one shows the voltage of external and internal battery. The ONLY thing I like about Tactacam is the unlimited pictures cause I put them to the test at every detection

Attachments

• file20231117080011USR6A.jpeg
    file20231117080011USR6A.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 21
This is pretty good to be sent to my phone this morning. I also like this one shows the voltage of external and internal battery. The ONLY thing I like about Tactacam is the unlimited pictures cause I put them to the test at every detection
I don’t like that tactacam won’t show you the battery rating on external. Just shows 100 percent then will die and still show 100