CFL Fort Perry Youth Hunt

FlipKing

My son got chosen. I see that there are box stands and food plots. According to the rule book, its 3500 acres and only 35 hunters? That seems super low and spread out. Which is awesome if its right. It's the late September rifle hunt. Anyone have any helpful information regarding the area or hunt?

SC Hunter

I'm not sure if they open the box stands or not during the quota hunts. I'll send you a PM shortly.

Jeetdawg

We have been several years down there. My youngest killed his first buck down there when it first opened. They do open most of the box stands up, but I would drive down and check on the plots as a lot of them either had not been planted or got burned up with the heat. I’ll try to find my maps we had and give you more info when I return from work trip

FlipKing

We have been several years down there. My youngest killed his first buck down there when it first opened. They do open most of the box stands up, but I would drive down and check on the plots as a lot of them either had not been planted or got burned up with the heat. I’ll try to find my maps we had and give you more info when I return from work trip
I appreciate that. I've never been down that way but I'm excited to get my 9yr old an early start. My 7 year old didn't get picked unfortunately.