Chad Knaus suspended for 6 races

ryano

Banned
Chad Knaus suspended for six races

NASCAR has fined crew chief Chad Knaus $100,000 and suspended him for six races because Jimmie Johnson's No. 48 car failed an inspection before the Daytona 500.

NASCAR, in making the announcement Wednesday, also suspended car chief Ron Malec for six races.

Johnson was docked 25 points. Because of his 42nd-place finish in the season-opening Daytona 500, Johnson now goes to Phoenix with negative 23 points.

Hendrick Motorsports said it plans to appeal the penalty.

Knaus and Malec are suspended until April 18 and on probation until May 9.

specialk

he will now win his sixth championship this year......

emusmacker

I doubt it. His championships are over.

waterdogs

They got caught..... No matter if it's the same car they ran in races last year. NASCAR should have done it before the 500, but now I'm glad they waited just because now his is last in the points...

DBM78

The 48 is far from out of the Championship hunt. Remember all he has to do is make the chase and then turn it on the last 10 races.

Dudley Do-Wrong

If I remember correctly, this is not Chad's first infraction incident with NASCAR

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
If I remember correctly, this is not Chad's first infraction incident with NASCAR

It's not but really I don't blame him one bit. Pushing the envelope is the only way a car can gain an advantage in a race. It has been happening ever since NASCAR began and it will continue as long as it exist. The thing now is it is just that much harder to get it by inspection.

riprap

You hate the NFL, NBA, March Madness, and all other playoff systems equally?

These systems have been in place a long time. Nascar just tries new things to get new fans and throws tradition out the window.

huntindawg

??

What's that matter?

March Madness hasn't been around forever.

Are you an opponent of the push to bring a playoff to college football?

Wasn't too long ago that bowl games didn't even count towards determining the national champion...guess you hated to see that change come about.

nickel back

well I do not watch NBA or March Madness,the NFL has a pretty good system,by the way what does this have to do with NASCAR or are you just wanting to start something with me for some reason:huh:

huntindawg

what does this have to do with NASCAR or are you just wanting to start something with me for some reason:huh:

You really don't see what my question has to do w/ NASCAR?

Georgia Hard Hunter

I agree to a point but the entire point system sucks. It doesn't promote the qualities that made NASCAR famous. It should promote the "checker or wrecker" attutude but instead it promotes "driving around the track" "making laps" "staying out of trouble". The points should be paid for laps lead and races won ONLY, then you would have a great product week end week out...it would bring back the fierce competition back when guys like Cale Yarbourgh would wreck you on the way to the bathroom before the race!!!!

But having said all that I think the rule changes that NASCAR made since last year for the superspeedways are an improvement to the product and Jr (who I've hated on for a while) looks strong.
Nascar Playoffs does not have the quality of,"win the game/series or go home" Which is what makes all the other playoffs much more suspenseful and dramatic, so to me the Nascar playoffs are not entertaining just artificial and too drawn out

Last edited:

tcward

Chad Knaus suspended for six races

NASCAR has fined crew chief Chad Knaus $100,000 and suspended him for six races because Jimmie Johnson's No. 48 car failed an inspection before the Daytona 500.

NASCAR, in making the announcement Wednesday, also suspended car chief Ron Malec for six races.

Johnson was docked 25 points. Because of his 42nd-place finish in the season-opening Daytona 500, Johnson now goes to Phoenix with negative 23 points.

Hendrick Motorsports said it plans to appeal the penalty.

Knaus and Malec are suspended until April 18 and on probation until May 9.

Sorta makes you wonder about all his championships.....

DBM78

The only real problem I have is if what is being said out the HMS camp is true and that they raced the same car 4 times last year and it wasn't caught any of the races and wasn't caught after the Dega race when Nascar impounded it. It really makes me scratch my head