Check out the steam powered saw mill

Redbow

Interesting sawmill I am not sure I ever saw a steam powered mill years ago when I was growing up. I have seen one run by a diesel engine with belts and a few powered by electricity. I used to love visiting a sawmill when I was young, we had one just down the road from where we lived when I was a boy.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
As an ex boiler man and boiler operator I really enjoyed the video. As some have posted, there’s plenty of danger there. Some you may not be aware of, if there isn’t a good chemical treatment program for the boiler water it can be a steam bomb. That actually was the reason for a lot of 1900 era explosions on riverboats, Trains, steamships etc.

Blackston

As an ex boiler man and boiler operator I really enjoyed the video. As some have posted, there’s plenty of danger there. Some you may not be aware of, if there isn’t a good chemical treatment program for the boiler water it can be a steam bomb. That actually was the reason for a lot of 1900 era explosions on riverboats, Trains, steamships etc.
I totally agree been a few myself E27C943E-DD76-46B6-9C6B-2F3251BFA380.png

Redbow

Impressive! Never seen a steam powered mill.
Little different from my Woodmizer. View attachment 1284164
I like watching people with woodmizers sawing trees into lumber on youtube. Until they hit a nail of course. I would love to have one if I were much younger.

Mike 65

I like watching people with woodmizers sawing trees into lumber on youtube. Until they hit a nail of course. I would love to have one if I were much younger.
It’s hard work but a lot of fun. I have several friends that like to come watch it run…. till I put them to work. :bounce:

Hillbilly stalker

I remember back in the day, those old portable sawmills used the “ hit or miss” engines. That’s an interesting video.

Redbow

I remember back in the day, those old portable sawmills used the “ hit or miss” engines. That’s an interesting video.
We used those hit and miss engines on the railroad back years ago. The little 4 wheel flat carts were used by trackmen, I haven't seen one in many years but it much have been quite a bit of fun to run those things up and down the RR tracks.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Mighty neat ! I’ve always thought it would be neat to have a sawmill