Classifieds Ammo Pricing?

Tight Lines

I am not trying to start a debate over ammo pricing in the classified ads but is any one actually paying these prices? I have plenty and dont have to worry about it. I just find it hard to believe someone would pay what's being asked? Crazy times cause for crazy measures.

I despise those folks selling in the classifieds for the prices they are. It's one thing to make a few bucks because you bought right, it is another to sell 5.56 for $1000 per 1000. I'm 100% capitalist but that just makes you 100% a tool in my book...

BassRaider

Last week I bought 2 boxes(100 rounds) of .40 target loads 165gr for $70. Felt it was high but have not found any for awhile so I was okay with the price. Still looking for .38 at a low price.

pbradley

I despise those folks selling in the classifieds for the prices they are. It's one thing to make a few bucks because you bought right, it is another to sell 5.56 for $1000 per 1000. I'm 100% capitalist but that just makes you 100% a tool in my book...

How much profit is too much?

Tight Lines

How much profit is too much?

If someone is willing to pay it, then great. It is supply and demand. That is capitalism.

These people that do nothing but arbitrage products like ammo, Xboxes (going for anywhere from 1.25-2.X cost right now), and hand sanitizer (during the start of the pandemic) in my opinion are just tools, and are driving the cost up for the rest of us.

I'm sure some of them have inside channels to get ammo too...makes me want to kneecap them...

I just hope when they go to the emergency room that the attendant asks them what they are willing to pay to see the ER doc...

pbradley

If someone is willing to pay it, then great. It is supply and demand. That is capitalism.

These people that do nothing but arbitrage products like ammo, Xboxes (going for anywhere from 1.25-2.X cost right now), and hand sanitizer (during the start of the pandemic) in my opinion are just tools, and are driving the cost up for the rest of us.

I'm sure some of them have inside channels to get ammo too...makes me want to kneecap them...

I just hope when they go to the emergency room that the attendant asks them what they are willing to pay to see the ER doc...

Suppose it's the last 556 anybody sells for 6 months - does the scarcity warrant higher pricing in your opinion then?

Tight Lines

And BTW I'm not complaining personally, I plan well and have what I need...and I've even sold some hard to find ammo recently at or below cost to dads needing it for new firearms or hunting season...

I stopped getting emails from Cheaper Than Dirt for the same reason...selling ammo at 3X normal prices and calling it "a steal" "act quick" so I unsubscribed from their emails...

Tight Lines

Suppose it's the last 556 anybody sells for 6 months - does the scarcity warrant higher pricing in your opinion then?

Like I said, it's a free country and a free market. If you want to be that guy, then go for it. I just hope the favor gets returned...

I really despise the arbitragers...as you can tell...

tr21

why does it upset you ? if nobody buy's it they will drop the price ! just like a gas station with a sign out front for $5 gas, nobody's buying it because the store across the street is $2.50 ! the $5 station will either drop his price of shut down, unless the $2.50 runs out and nobody else has any.....

Tight Lines

To be fair, I think selling your stash at market value is totally fine. What I have issue with is the act of arbitraging it drives the cost up and the market value is artificially high...and then the arbitragers take advantage of it...same thing the Xbox sellers are doing right now...due to the new release in November...they work at Target or Walmart or Gamestop and buy them and sell them for 2X...tools...

Tight Lines

why does it upset you ? if nobody buy's it they will drop the price ! just like a gas station with a sign out front for $5 gas, nobody's buying it because the store across the street is $2.50 ! the $5 station will either drop his price of shut down, unless the $2.50 runs out and nobody else has any.....

Doesn't upset me. The problem in your example is all of the prices are high, there is no cheap alternative, and the scarcity and arbitragers are driving and keeping prices high...

I'm not upset, I have plenty, and I sell to friends and good people who need it at what I paid for it because I am not going to make a profit off of my friends because the markets are insane, driven by tools...

I just don't care for them and if anyone in my group is doing it I'll tell them what I think...

I just bought 400 rounds of .308 from a buddy who sold it to me for what the invoice in the box was from a couple of years ago...

I guess he could have marked it up, charged me a holding cost, but he didn't...

To each his own...I just hope it comes back to bite them...

transfixer

I could probably take 6 months off work if I sold the ammo I have for current prices,,,, I've got ammo I stocked up on when Clinton was President, and then even more before Obama became president, plus I've been reloading for years,,, only thing I've done lately is trade components with other reloaders, or traded one type of ammo for another,,,, no way I'll pay current prices.

tr21

ask you my foot ! afterwards you have no choice and thats a gouging because you pay for your surgery and 4 other people's too , and their aint no choice !

Tight Lines

ask you my foot ! afterwards you have no choice and thats a gouging because you pay for your surgery and 4 other people's too , and their aint no choice !

My point was not that health care costs are logical, maybe a bad example. The point is when one of these arbitragers is in need, I hope someone returns the favor of inflated pricing...

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
for someone who is not upset at the pricing, you sure are posting a lot about your opinion when people price ammo to others

tr21

I could probably take 6 months off work if I sold the ammo I have for current prices,,,, I've got ammo I stocked up on when Clinton was President, and then even more before Obama became president, plus I've been reloading for years,,, only thing I've done lately is trade components with other reloaders, or traded one type of ammo for another,,,, no way I'll pay current prices.
i hate to think how much i could make selling the cases of 7.62 i have that i paid $89 for. or the .223 i bought at $180 a case. but i aint buying or selling a thing

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
You can have an opinion and not be upset...

you are correct, but when someone feels the need to express that same opinion over, and over, and over, one would have the tendency to feel there was some emotional connection to those posts.

Especially when the poster feels the need to repeatedly say they are not upset, but.........

StriperrHunterr

you are correct, but when someone feels the need to express that same opinion over, and over, and over, one would have the tendency to feel there was some emotional connection to those posts.

Especially when the poster feels the need to repeatedly say they are not upset, but.........
If'n I were frustrated that I couldn't reliably find, say, toilet paper, because people are hoarding it and selling it to the gullible at horrendous markups, would you say that I'm upset?