*Cletus & Rhettro Go Fishing*

Cletus T.

Good morning folks – me and good buddy Rhettro got out and went fishing at Charlie Elliott this past Sat. Last weekend was suppose to be our annual Spring Fling Fishing trip out there but with this Covid-19 madness we postponed it until the Fall. So this is the first time in 18-years we weren’t out there fishing somewhere for the fling but our event isn’t the only event that got canceled so I try not to whine too much. But since Saturday was suppose to be “Championship Saturday” me and Rhett decided we would still go out there fish all day long. We got there right at sunrise and fished to just before dark. We caught 10-fish in all but missed about another 10 that either broke the line – shook off or just missed the bite so if we would have landed all the fish that we got to bite we would have had a 20-fish day. The bite was a lot slower than we expected as the conditions were perfect for an excellent day on the water but hey – that’s fishing, even when everything lines up perfectly the Bass can still be punks!

We fished Bennett in the morning and then switched over to Fox for the afternoon. I caught all my fish on the baby-doll jig. Rhett caught his on a chatterbait and a Carolina-rigged lizard, but we threw the whole stinking sink at them. They just wanted to act like punks for us. Oh well – it was a beautiful day to be out on the water doing something we both love to do! Here are some pics and also I got back into using my gopro to film some action so here’s a little video I did as well.

I even broke out my old-school Air-Jordans that I like to call my Fishing Jordan's in hopes they would bring us good luck!

Hope you enjoy it!

Stay safe / Stay Bassy my friends!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CletusIMG_4733.jpgIMG_4735.jpgIMG_4743.jpgIMG_4744.jpgIMG_4748.jpgIMG_4736.jpgIMG_4753.jpgIMG_4757.jpgIMG_4766.jpgIMG_4747.jpg

Cletus T.

Love the Allman Brothers music. Nice video.

Thanks man.......you can't beat the Brothers!!!

Nice to see you Seeker, how is that lake up in the mountains you took me to years ago?

jocko755

Good one! And Allman Brothers too!

Way to make the most of it. This ole virus should run it's course soon. I hope.

Cletus T.

Love the Jordan’s too!

Thanks man……I use to fish in these shoes all the time and while they are old and cracking and starting to fall apart I figured the “magic” of the Jordan’s might bring a big bass to the boat.
They did not though…….

Cletus T.

Well, you asked. I'm on the lake committee and over the last several years we've been dumping tons of shad, bluegill, and fertilizing the lake. The results are coming along nicely. This bass weighed 11 lbs. even and was caught in January.View attachment 1013339

That is one healthy looking bass. I bet that lake can support a bunch of giants!

Congrats to the angler!

Maybe once this Rona mess moves on you can take a long lost friend back to that lake to try his hand at hooking one of those monsters…….maybe? Pretty Please

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Good job guys!