Cohutta wma

Timberman

someone correct me if i'm wrong , but i believe you're going to to be limited to small game weapons on a WMA.. so hogs would be .22 mag or ??

Furbearer season is part of small game. You can use .17 cal centerfire and up.

Killer Kyle

Yep. Centerfires are allowed now on WMA's with a furbeaer season. I believe Cohutta is open for furbearer so any modern firearm should be legal.

I hope you have some luck up here man. Check gentle south slopes (more sunlight) at the heads of creeks. Check around planted food plots if you can find them.
Hogs will most likely ne down low in or around the bottoms this time of year. The wind and is cold on the ridgetops this time of year.

Good lucknon your first attempt. It will be tough. Cover a lot of ground and be patient. When you hear them, you'll know. Often you can smell their musky smell around rooting if it is fresh. If you smell them around where they were rooting, you probably aren't far behind them.

Good luck, and give us a report after your trip. I'd love to see how it turned out for you!

Awesome work on those big lake trout also! Aint many trout that size roaming the waters in GA. Those things are yyuuuugggeee!!