cordless chainsaw

Jimmypop

I am no longer strong enough to crank a gas saw so I started looking at battery powered today. I would like to know if anyone has experience with the one in the picture?

Attachments

• IMG_20240122_122020528.jpg
    IMG_20240122_122020528.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 73

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I have a Dewalt and its fine but my grandfather picked up an Easy Start gas Stihl and ran it his last couple of years. He was 88 and running that thing almost daily. Those easy starts run too. A 5 year old could crank one.

ryanh487

I have a 40V Ryobi and it cuts great, does everything i would have asked from a gas chainsaw. That's a solid brand that you're looking at from what i've heard and the extra few volts wouldn't hurt anything. you'll want a second battery for larger jobs, mine only had enough juice to run for about 30-45 minutes cutting up a downed tree that was about 10" in diameter. It cut right through it fast and easy though right up until the battery died.

I do not have experience with the saw you posted.
I have used a husky electric. Man that sucker will do some cutting and last a good while too. It’s light weight. I have a sthil gas saw and would rather use the electric husky for most everything except heavy cutting timber logging or cutting fire wood.

jcbcpa

I have one like the one in the picture. It works great and I'll never go back to gas powered yard tools. I have the EGO weedeater, push lawn mower, blower and chain saw. All work great.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I bought one at TSC on sale for 149.00 chainsaw,charger and battery ?I think it's a greenworks.Bought 3 chains and a 5 ah battery off Amazon for $100.00.I like mine for trimming 6" limbs and an occasional larger limb.It is a 60 volt.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I have that saw and it works great. Had a large limb fall out of a large oak and cut it up just fine. I hav used it on several smaller jobs with no problems. I have several other tools that use that battery so it fits my use well.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We have a Stihl MSA 220C at work that is great quality and cuts almost like a gas saw. Works great for small-medium jobs, and my arborists love it for using up in the bucket truck. And, it's proven Stihl quality and service at about the same price as that off-brand one.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
We have a Stihl MSA 220C at work that is great quality and cuts almost like a gas saw. Works great for small-medium jobs, and my arborists love it for using up in the bucket truck. And, it's proven Stihl quality and service at about the same price as that off-brand one.
I don,t use mine any where close to the amount you use the Stihl.If I used it a lot I would buy a Stihl.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Ego chainsaw, along with a blower and weedeater. I'm not going back to gas.
They've all come a long ways in the last three or four years. I don't think they will ever replace gas powered equipment for major/heavy stuff, but they're quite practical for most jobs now.

Redbow

I like my Ryobi it cuts very well and about right in weight for an old buzzard like me.

27metalman

I have a DeWalt... That little joker works like a charm on small stuff. I use my Stihl on the big stuff and then switch.

trial&error

For small jobs the battery ones work well. Unless you have several batteries your gonna have some down time. I have a corded one for trimming trees that also works surprisingly well.