County record question….

Dusky87

Hey guys brand new to the forum but scrolled through here abunch in the past. Anyways, I shot a buck last weekend in Camden county at first didn’t think anything of it but after a few locals seen the deer say he may be a county record. After some research he’s close but not gonna make it in my opinion. BUT it would be cool to get him on the record books as there’s not many deer shot in Camden that are of this quality. So my question is how do I go about doing this and am I too late. I have multiple pictures with him he’s already caped and at the taxidermy. Is this something I can get done after he’s mounted? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I’ll post pics tell me what you guys think98707BD8-EABA-49A5-969A-FB301EC6FD2D.jpeg98707BD8-EABA-49A5-969A-FB301EC6FD2D.jpegAF604E6A-35C5-4EB1-97DD-37FCF1A9F2B3.jpegF48BEA4E-3912-4133-A625-579ED79D5EC3.jpeg

Gator89

Congrats on a great buck.

I bet your taxidermist can get you hooked up with a certified scorer.

Gut_Pile

You need to get the skull cap from your taxidermist and get it scored after the 60 day drying period.

Gut_Pile

Official scoring needs to be done before the mount is done. Your taxidermist should already have the skull removed and prepped on your deer. Go by and get it. After you have him scored, take it back to the taxidermist

sghoghunter

If it was me I’d question myself about the publicity a good buck for an area will get vs the satisfaction of knowing your name is on a piece of paper. Good looking deer too

Great deer bud ! Wait for the 60 day drying period and have him officially scored like mentioned above. Looks like he may end up number 2 based on the scores that was posted. Heck of a deer

Gut_Pile

Great deer bud ! Wait for the 60 day drying period and have him officially scored like mentioned above. Looks like he may end up number 2 based on the scores that was posted. Heck of a deer

Biggest problem with P&Y scoring is the additional points are only deductions and not added into the gross score at any point. So that huge dagger and the kicker off the left g2 will only receive negative points.

It's the biggest flaw in P&Y scoring and makes zero sense to me.

Latest posts