County record question….

buckpasser

Congrats!!!

Biggest problem with P&Y scoring is the additional points are only deductions and not added into the gross score at any point. So that huge dagger and the kicker off the left g2 will only receive negative points.

It's the biggest flaw in P&Y scoring and makes zero sense to me.
Yeah I seen that ! That’s really gonna hurt it for sure . Either way heck of a buck and I wouldn’t care what it scored that would make he beyond happy

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Man go get it scored and get your name in the record books! Forget about these hush hush people saying stuff about lease prices goin up and somebody movin in bc they saw a pic of a big deer blablablabla, that stuff is ridiculous You better believe if I kill a pope and young or a BC I’m going to have my name in the record books and get my certificate , great buck

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Biggest problem with P&Y scoring is the additional points are only deductions and not added into the gross score at any point. So that huge dagger and the kicker off the left g2 will only receive negative points.

It's the biggest flaw in P&Y scoring and makes zero sense to me.

Are you sure about that? I've always been under the impression that B&C and P&Y were scored exactly the same, just a difference in the minimum score to qualify. Non-typical points are deducted on either score sheet if the deer is scored as a typical. They will count if the deer is scored as non-typical, but there will still be deductions for asymmetry with either B&C or P&Y.

jaydawg

^yes, B&C/P&Y same scoring system, just different minimums for gun/archery, 60 day drying period….anyway, great buck no matter what it scores…congrats!

specialk

Are you sure about that? I've always been under the impression that B&C and P&Y were scored exactly the same, just a difference in the minimum score to qualify. Non-typical points are deducted on either score sheet if the deer is scored as a typical. They will count if the deer is scored as non-typical, but there will still be deductions for asymmetry with either B&C or P&Y.

I think you're CK, and i think the county lists that GON posts will have an asterick next to non typical score....

Dusky87

Thanks for all the replies y’all. Ill pick up the skull cap in a couple months get someone to measure him and see what happens. I was going to wait until the mount was done but glad I asked here first. I’m sure most would agree with what I’m doing by the reaction of locals they don’t see many bucks like this if any come out of this area.

Dusky87

Thanks for all the replies y’all. Ill pick up the skull cap in a couple months get someone to measure him and see what happens. I was going to wait until the mount was done but glad I asked here first. I’m sure most would agree with what I’m doing by the reaction of locals they don’t see many bucks like this if any come out of this area.
Don’t get me wrong I’ve seen pictures of deer that are bigger out of Camden but he’s definitely bigger than most

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

Just remember to wait the required 60 days for drying before you contact a measurer.

Gut_Pile

You are correct and I was mistaken, had it in my head was that B&C subtracted from the gross score of all points on a typical, but they are in fact scored the same. Attached are a PY and BC score sheet with the same info entered.

Attachments

• PY Score sheet.pdf
    984.4 KB · Views: 11
  • BC score sheet.pdf
    419.1 KB · Views: 4

ThatredneckguyJamie

Now which part of Camden did you say you killed him in....asking for a friend :)

Great buck for our neck of the woods for sure! Anywhere for that matter

Jason C

You can get it done after its mounted by an official scorer. GON has there own county by county records

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
You can get it done after its mounted by an official scorer. GON has there own county by county records

You certainly can, but it's easier for the person measuring it to do it before it's mounted. Realistically most folks can wait the 60 drying period and get it scored long before most taxidermists will need the rack to start the mount.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That's an excellent buck in any county in this state!

krizia829

Hey guys brand new to the forum but scrolled through here abunch in the past. Anyways, I shot a buck last weekend in Camden county at first didn’t think anything of it but after a few locals seen the deer say he may be a county record. After some research he’s close but not gonna make it in my opinion. BUT it would be cool to get him on the record books as there’s not many deer shot in Camden that are of this quality. So my question is how do I go about doing this and am I too late. I have multiple pictures with him he’s already caped and at the taxidermy. Is this something I can get done after he’s mounted? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I’ll post pics tell me what you guys thinkView attachment 1177860View attachment 1177860View attachment 1177862View attachment 1177861
Record or not, he's one heck of a buck!! Congratulations!! Very cool

Latest posts