Court ruling Turns NIL into Free For All ... Athletes Can't be Required to Negotiate through the School.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It was just a matter of time before this turned into a zoo run by carny folk. At last we have arrived.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
It’s turned into NFL lite. The schools ought to charge the athletes for use of the school name in displaying their talents as they court the NFL.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Now that Saban can speak bluntly, he's speaking his mind on the matter.
I’m a decades long fan and I’ve about had enough. This nonsense has really dampened my enjoyment of the games.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Up next...............unlimited, unrestricted transfers

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I just wanted to the Dawgs win a championship. They got two! Now, I hope the entire thing burns to the ground.
I think they have finally killed my interest in all team sports. Come on deer season.

ddgarcia

Mid- season trades?
Yep. The courts keep ruling that their "earning potential" can not be infringed upon. The only contract that these kids currently have is with a Sports Marketing Agent who's sole concern is how much can I make for the SMA. I forsee a very near future where a team needs a QB or is going into the playoffs really "beat up" from the season and wants to bolster its roster with quality talent, and BOOM, let's go shop all the teams that aren't in the playoff for those needs. And there is nothing to stop the player from jumping ship.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The National Labor Relations Board has ruled that the Dartmouth basket ball team members are employees of the school and are thus eligible to unionize. That takes the first A out of NCAA but in actuality it has been gone for quite some time now.

The student athlete is dead, long live the student athlete.

Madsnooker

Once the dust settles in the coming years, there will be guidelines for NIL and the portal, and players won't be able to just do what they want when they want. They wont be able to just sit out a bowl game without making their NIL contract void as an example. That day is coming. NFL players can't just do what they want when they want. Alot of fans are complaining about players becoming employees but that is also the very thing that will also clean alot of this up again, once the dust settles. There's so much dust no one can see what's ahead but it will settle no doubt.

The question is, Once it settles, what does it look like and is it acceptable for the average college football fan. I say yes it will. With finally expanding the playoff to include more then a few hand picked teams like every other sport on the planet does, college football will thrive just like its doing right this minute, even with absolute chaos.

Will the "get off my lawn" oldtimers that yern fer the days the player wanted a degree as much as a scholly to play football fall away, perhaps, until they find out their team is in the playoffs or NC game. :bounce: Those guys will still have divisions with schools from their state they can now go root for that will be much closer to the old way of doing things. Heck, if they want purety, they can watch IVY league football

My prediction, in 5 years college football regular season and playoffs will be watched by more fans then today and it will continue to grow in popularity. NIL and the portal will look much different then it does now becuase it will have much more structure.

For me, I'm much more like the get off my lawn fan and hate alot of what I'm seeing. Am I close to forgetting about college football and OSU, not even close.

Sorry it was long just spit balling my opinions again.:wink:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Once the dust settles in the coming years, there will be guidelines for NIL and the portal, and players won't be able to just do what they want when they want. They wont be able to just sit out a bowl game without making their NIL contract void as an example. That day is coming. NFL players can't just do what they want when they want. Alot of fans are complaining about players becoming employees but that is also the very thing that will also clean alot of this up again, once the dust settles. There's so much dust no one can see what's ahead but it will settle no doubt.

The question is, Once it settles, what does it look like and is it acceptable for the average college football fan. I say yes it will. With finally expanding the playoff to include more then a few hand picked teams like every other sport on the planet does, college football will thrive just like its doing right this minute, even with absolute chaos.

Will the "get off my lawn" oldtimers that yern fer the days the player wanted a degree as much as a scholly to play football fall away, perhaps, until they find out their team is in the playoffs or NC game. :bounce: Those guys will still have divisions with schools from their state they can now go root for that will be much closer to the old way of doing things. Heck, if they want purety, they can watch IVY league football

My prediction, in 5 years college football regular season and playoffs will be watched by more fans then today and it will continue to grow in popularity. NIL and the portal will look much different then it does now becuase it will have much more structure.

For me, I'm much more like the get off my lawn fan and hate alot of what I'm seeing. Am I close to forgetting about college football and OSU, not even close.

All that to say NIL and the portal are young. Your consistent in your message. :rofl: :rofl:

bullgator

Likewise, when a fans team isn’t making the playoffs, they will disappear at a faster rate than ever.
I loved watching the process from recruiting, developing, starting, and graduating on to better things much more than a paid for NFL player. Now it isn’t worth getting to know the players name since the roster is continually changing. They are just bodies occupying numbers on a jersey.

Now get off my lawn!
IMG_1003.gif

Madsnooker

Likewise, when a fans team isn’t making the playoffs, they will disappear at a faster rate than ever.
I loved watching the process from recruiting, developing, starting, and graduating on to better things much more than a paid for NFL player. Now it isn’t worth getting to know the players name since the roster is continually changing. They are just bodies occupying numbers on a jersey.

Now get off my lawn!
View attachment 1290411

I agree with you. I'm just optimistic we can get some NIL and portal rules and guidelines in the coming few years that can settle alot of this down.

ddgarcia

Y'all there are NO rules/limits to be had on NIL and the portal to be had, because they limit the players ability to "market" themselves and the courts have said you can't do this. It only going to get WORSE until the schools divest their teams and form NFL/NBA Lite. And yes, this will HAVE to happen as Title IX will not allow the schools to pay the players directly. And those idiot kids at Dartmouth don't realize it YET, but they've just signed their teams death warrant as soon as they unionize and demand payment from the school for this very reason.
NFL players can't just do what they want when they want
This is because they are contracted to the TEAM and not just a SMA. This is where NFL/NBA Lite comes in and what the schools can't do due to Title IX. It will soon be college ball in name only, as NFL/NBA Lite will lease the naming rights and facility use from the schools in an attempt to keep the fan base.

If for whatever reason you don't like the NFL/NBA, you'll dislike this just as much if not more for you're resentment of it destroying something you once loved.

bullgator

I agree with you. I'm just optimistic we can get some NIL and portal rules and guidelines in the coming few years that can settle alot of this down.
Only a noticeable exodus of fans from the gates and tv viewing will lead to changes. Without a good reason, there will be little incentive to try and change things. As I’ve said,……..LET IT BURN!