Court ruling Turns NIL into Free For All ... Athletes Can't be Required to Negotiate through the School.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I’m not sure you’re right, NASCAR has struggled mightily
He did state that it was the "glory days" of NASCAR, 70's to mid 90's, before restrictor plates, "cookie cutter" cars and the MUCH hated Toyota.

Oh, and Jeff Gordon.:hair:

Madsnooker

Im sure gonna miss some of yall around here but Im not going anywhere!!! :bounce:

I'm actually looking forward to the expanded playoffs. Gonna be alot of great games we will finally see. Stupid bowl tie ins will finally be much less common. Yes there will be blowouts in the playoffs but that's always happened just like they happen in the NFL playoffs. For years even before the BCS we got the top 2 teams picked by eye test then a bunch of bowl games that had way more stupid matchups then they did great common since matchups. Now the top 12 to 16 teams in the future will all play each other and I can't wait. Those that think this sport will dry up because fans will quit watching in the next 15 to 20 years are off their rocker!!! ;)

bullgator

Im sure gonna miss some of yall around here but Im not going anywhere!!! :bounce:

I'm actually looking forward to the expanded playoffs. Gonna be alot of great games we will finally see. Stupid bowl tie ins will finally be much less common. Yes there will be blowouts in the playoffs but that's always happened just like they happen in the NFL playoffs. For years even before the BCS we got the top 2 teams picked by eye test then a bunch of bowl games that had way more stupid matchups then they did great common since matchups. Now the top 12 to 16 teams in the future will all play each other and I can't wait. Those that think this sport will dry up because fans will quit watching in the next 15 to 20 years are off their rocker!!! ;)
Of course you’re looking forward to the expanded playoffs, all OSU fans are!

bullgator

:bounce: well this might give the Gators a chance to sneak in every now and then??? Thats why you always have to see the glass half full not half empty bullgator. ;)
41-14 :whip:

James12

If we’re talking expanded playoffs, FSU makes it in this case, IF THEY go undefeated again.

And you can’t ignore OSU & Day getting an extra shot in the same season to finally beat TRealTUN, in the expanded scenario.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I’m not sure you’re right, NASCAR has struggled mightily. IE, tracks shutting down large sections of seating to make it look full for TV.

The Stetson story would likely never happen. No walk on taking a “job” away from a contract boy. I’m just not seeing it. I been a diehard fan for decades. Nothing about this appeals to me.

Just take the Braves farm team and stick the UGA label on them. College athletics?

Yep. Since it's going to be nothing but the NFL's farm club system why waste time calling it college football? It's not going to have anything to do with any college. Calling it the Georgia Bulldogs because the pro team plays in Sanford stadium is a laugher.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yep. Since it's going to be nothing but the NFL's farm club system why waste time calling it college football? It's not going to have anything to do with any college. Calling it the Georgia Bulldogs because the pro team plays in Sanford stadium is a laugher.
Yep, I’ve seen down years but also seen the two greatest coaches of college football history lead young men. College kids, going to school, working hard for a shot at the pros. This professional athlete on contract to a college is no more interest to me than the NFL, which is nothing.

bullgator

Trust me, I knew that was coming as soon as I posted. :bounce:
With that said I'm truely glad you have a moment in history long ago to look back on. ;)
2 moments. We took Sam Bradford and that high powered Oklahoma offense to the woodshed also.

bullgator

Madsnooker

UF was in control more than the score would indicate.
I just remember it being a great game. Tied in the the 4th qtr if memory serves me right. I think uf picked off a pass in the endzone right at half that could have been the difference. Either way great win for UF as that was a very good OK team.

James12

I just remember it being a great game. Tied in the the 4th qtr if memory serves me right. I think uf picked off a pass in the endzone right at half that could have been the difference. Either way great win for UF as that was a very good OK team.

That’s when it was decided on that Urban would be next down the road.

DannyW

No dog in this fight, but I find this thread fascinating. Half the people say nothing is going to change while the other half says everything will change.

The only thing I will predict is that the athletes are going to be disappointed as the league gets more structure. No longer will they be able to hop around from team to team based on who has the most NIL money available. They will learn the meaning of the words "cut" and "traded" and "team fines".

And as it evolves more to the MiLB model, they will learn that 10% of the players will make $1 million a year, with the other 90% make only about $20,000 per year. Before taxes.

It's going to be fun!

bullgator

In my best R.E.M. voice,……..”It’s the end of the game as we know it!”

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
AAAAnnndd they have done it.

The Dartmouth basketball team, with the blessings of the National Labor Relations Board, have voted to unionize. Since only employees may unionize, Your .Gov believes that college athletes are employees of the various colleges.

The death knell seems to be sounding for amateur athletics at the college level. How long will High School athletics be able to hold out? LOL

bullgator

AAAAnnndd they have done it.

The Dartmouth basketball team, with the blessings of the National Labor Relations Board, have voted to unionize. Since only employees may unionize, Your .Gov believes that college athletes are employees of the various colleges.

The death knell seems to be sounding for amateur athletics at the college level. How long will High School athletics be able to hold out? LOL

Florida has already approved NIL at the high school level. facepalm:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Just a matter of time before High School Football unionizes. LOL

elfiii

Admin
Staff member