cows standing up or laying down

Smokey

How does it go ...if cows are layin down its supposed to rain or visa versa?????
I don't know about the rain theory but I have always heard that if the cows are laying down then the deer aint moving:huh:

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
also,if the cows aint grazing then the fish aint biting

Killdee

I don't know about the rain theory but I have always heard that if the cows are laying down then the deer aint moving:huh:

I used to belive that till I noticed most times some are laying while some are eating.

dapper dan

Oh the cows are laying down. I love this one. It is a good luck charm indeed for me when somebody says they are laying down and that it is not good. I have killed a 6pt 8pt 9pt and a 10pt, when this has been said. When i shot the 6pt my buddy shot a doe and a 3pt. The next year when i killed the 8pt, my buddy shot a doe and a 10 pt. The 10pt and 9pt. The same thing was said, and al I could do was have a little smirk on my face, it works like a charm. Some people have there lucky hats or little rituals. For me it's great luck when my friends say "they're laying down, that's not good. Hopefully some other people on here will get the good luck bug too.:clap:

SELFBOW

the truth be told by james kroll.

there is no relation to deer and cows when it comes to feeding.

A deer consumes about 7 to 10 lbs a day.
a cow will eat 50 - 100 lbs.
hence cows feed more often.

redlevel

I always heard if the cows were laying around under the trees, the fish wouldn't bite. I started driving by the pasture on my way to the creek. If the cows were laying around I would throw rocks at them to get them up and moving around so the fish would bite.

It is called cows and effect.

ranger1977

I always heard if the cows were laying around under the trees, the fish wouldn't bite. I started driving by the pasture on my way to the creek. If the cows were laying around I would throw rocks at them to get them up and moving around so the fish would bite.

It is called cows and effect.

:rofl::rofl:

stev

Banned
The cows i know of always face into the wind when grazzing.

REMINGTON710

I have always heard that if the cows are laying down then it is a sign of bad weather ie: cold, rain, and such. I have never heard bout the deer and fish.

Lostoutlaw

They always told me, you could tell when a truck driver had went by,:banana: :banana: the cows would be back away from the fence

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have always heard that if the cows were clustered together, usually by a fence (not the area where they have hay or feed out for them), then, there will be bad weather.
Sue

deuce

Gone but not forgotten
If the cows are laying down and the pigs are gruntin and the chickens are laying and the horses are standing and the sheep are eatin and the wind is blowin, what the devil is going on!!!

Al33

I have always heard when the cows are down the fish ain't bitin'. I have never studied it to know for sure if it is true or not. What IS true is if I am laying down I'm either killing time or catching Z's, not deer and not fish.;)

R G

I have always believed that when the cows are laying down, the fish ain't biting. But, what does it mean when half the cows are standing up and the other half is laying down?

It means that half of them are wrong! :rofl:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Cows, half up, half down.

It really means that half of em are lying. But I always go with those that are feeding.